At Mississauga Secondary Academy (MSA), We emphasize the development of each student to reach their full potential in terms of intellectual, ethical, physical, and socially. Students are assisted with balancing academic, extracurricular and social pursuits within an enriched, nurturing and secure environment.
MSA offers classes in both full-time and part-time setting. Students also have the option of night school, which enables the student to attend the class that best suits his/her schedule. During the summer months, we offer summer school. Tutoring is offered throughout the year for students who require additional help with their courses. The language courses that we offer are very popular among our students; English (IELTS, TOFEL, and ESL), French and Mandarin.
We take pride in focused teaching tailored to each student’s needs. Our small classroom sizes help provide individual attention to our students which helps us achieve a high success rate.
At Mississauga Secondary Academy we have full-time programs for international students from Grade 9 to Grade 12. International Students coming to us can expect support and guidance throughout their academic careers.
Since our inception in 2012, we have educated over 1350 students.
Our mission is to educate and inspire our students through an enriched and comprehensive academic program. We strive to motivate our students with a progressive daily agenda and monthly educational activities, such as trips to the Royal Ontario Museum, or the Ontario Science Centre. Our goal is to build a solid foundation for our students and support them in achieving their academic and life goals because we care.
The Receptionist is responsible for a wide variety of clerical office duties in support of MSA's administration and student services. Includes coordinating and communicating office activities, greeting and screening visitors, answering and referring inbound telephone calls, scheduling appointments, and receiving payments. The Front Desk Receptionist will also be responsible for administrating MSA's correspondence.
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from students, parents, and other visitors.
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the school.
- Take and record telephone, e-mail, or written message for staff members.
- Type forms, letters, reports, and memos as necessary.
- Receive and distribute all forms of paper correspondence.
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files in their proper locations.
- Where necessary, assist in compiling data for various reports.
- Coordinate meetings and events.
- Arrange and book meetings in the boardroom.
- As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, students, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Provide information to staff, students and parents about special activities.
- Schedule appointments for interviews.
- Ensure all forms and reports are completed as needed.
- Ensure that the appropriate evacuation procedures are carried out in the event of an emergency.
- Observe and report any security issues to the building security
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
- Maintain the reception in a tidy and presentable manner.
- Accept and monitor inbound shipments as necessary.
- High school diploma
- 1-2 years of direct work experience in a receptionist capacity.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures.
- Superior typing and transcription skills.
- Able to write simple correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- General mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Adjusts and is flexible to meet changing work needs and demands.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Is responsible for and suggests cost-saving measures.
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Able to occasionally lift items.
- Required to use a desktop computer, phone, and peripherals.
- Flexible schedule for evenings and occasional Saturdays.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)