AREA OF COMPETITION:
- Minimum College Diploma in Kinesiology, Physiotherapy Assistant at a recognized College.
- Will consider Recreation and Leisure Services at a recognized College
- Successful completion of a training program in restorative care, or a willingness to complete
- Must be computer literate
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must demonstrate an active interest in ongoing education
- Must be flexible, innovative, and creative
- You must demonstrate leadership skills with knowledge of the aging process and dementia.
- Commitment to a multi-disciplinary team and a person-centred approach working with residents, staff, families, and volunteers is required.
- Must demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills
- Participates in a complete assessment of resident’s restorative care needs upon admission, ensuring a seamless transition and re-evaluates quarterly and as indicated
- Maintains appropriate resident and department records including care plans, assessments, and evaluations of planned programs detailing individual participation.
- Assists with activities of daily living, assisted feeding, range of motion and ambulation
- Ongoing assessment and evaluation of resident’s interests and abilities
- Provides support for residents’ self-determination, encouraging independence and assisting residents to overcome barriers, promoting the concept of wellness
Part-time hours: 26.25 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.27-$21.95 per hour