Manager of Fund Development
Huron Hospice is located on a tranquil rural estate just west of Clinton, Ontario. The four-bed residence is staffed around the clock by an RN and RPN with further support provided twelve hours daily to residents and their families by welcoming volunteers. Huron Hospice also provides supports to residents in the community of Huron County through hospice home visits and grief recovery groups. While we are grateful to the Ministry of Health for support of our services, this funding does not cover the full budget. The Manager of Fund Development has responsibility for engaging with the community in support of its hospice. This occurs through special events, grant funding, corporate sponsorships, donations, large gifts and planned giving. We are looking for a positive, energetic and results-driven fund development specialist to join our team.
POSTED January 22, 2020
CLOSING February 5, 2020
- College Certificate in the field of fund development or equivalent
- Minimum five years in fund development.
- Experience working in a healthcare or social service environment.
- Successful generation of significant revenues from events, grants, sponsorships and donations.
- Experience developing and executing a planned giving program.
- Leadership experience including but not limited to administration, supervision of staff and volunteers, program development are considered assets.
- Positive approach to client service and a demonstrated capacity for kindness.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced skills in social media.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups.
- Project management, including related budgets
- Commitment to teamwork and ability to collaborate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement.
- Capacity to manage conflict constructively.
- The ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Computer skills in Microsoft-based programs such as Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Valid Driver’s License, use of reliable vehicle, and willingness to travel.
- Develop and implement a fund development strategy to meet the needs of Huron Hospice.
- Promote Huron Hospice in the community.
- Create and execute innovative special events and programs to generate revenue.
- Research and apply to foundations and other grants.
- Generate corporate sponsorships in support of the organization.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive planned giving program.
- Coordinate logistics, rentals, contracts and other details related to special events.
- Collaborate closely with the Manger of Volunteers to engage volunteers in fund development activities.
- Maintain and broaden the use of social media, social marketing and traditional marketing to promote Huron Hospice.
- Participate on internal and external committees.
- Maintain accurate documentation and statistical reporting related to fund generation.
- Follow all Huron Hospice policies and legislated requirements.
- Adhere to all health and safety legislation and standards.
REPORTS TO Executive Director
INTERVIEWS While we are grateful to all those who apply, only those who will be interviewed will be contacted. Interviews will occur February 10.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent