Regional Underwriter, Calgary
HSB BI&I is a leader in providing specialized equipment breakdown insurance. We provide insurance and
reinsurance to Canadian and global businesses through our coast to coast network of offices, 4,000
independent insurance brokers and over 50 major insurance companies. HSB BI&I is a member of the
Hartford Steam Boiler Group and part of the global Munich Re Group of Companies.
- We have over 140 years of experience and through our modern systems and practices remain
unsurpassed in meeting our customers’ needs.
- You can become an expert in your field while enjoying a healthy work/life balance and a collaborative,
friendly atmosphere in our offices.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to our employees.
Located in our Calgary Regional Office in downtown Calgary, this role provides timely, knowledgeable and
professional service to our Brokers and Client Companies within our underwriting guidelines.
This full time position is a great opportunity for an aspiring Underwriter willing to expand knowledge and
experience in commercial underwriting, as well continue building expertise in this area.
- Provide quality service to Brokers and Client Companies by responding to underwriting, sales and
- Liaising with Business Development Representatives, Managers and Employees to ensure quality and
accuracy of documents,
- Responsible for risk assessment, quoting new accounts and renewals within the Company guidelines,
- Attend industry events as a Company representative.
- University degree or college diploma
- Work experience in insurance is preferred (commercial or personal lines)
- Completion of CIP designation or enrollment in CIP program is preferred
- Excellent verbal communication skills & strong commitment to professionalism
- Strong analytical skills
- Team Player
- Practiced negotiation skills
- Self-starter who is highly motivated
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to
us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace
based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices.
Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this;
we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference RUWC0319-BW and send a
covering letter along with a resume to:
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.