Open to both Internal and external
Support Staff (CUPE)
Posting In effect from
Closing Application Date
Closing date for internal CUPE applicants
Internal CUPE applicants must submit their application by 4pm on the “closing date for internal CUPE applicants” for their Seniority to be recognized. If the position is still open after that date they will be considered alongside external applicants.
Applications will be reviewed commencing the “closing date for internal CUPE applicants” and may continue until the position is filled
Auxiliary (Over 4 Months)
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (If Applicable)
The Hours of work are subject to change depending upon departmental requirements
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday, 7 hours a day, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
As part of TRU's Global Engagement unit, the Transnational Education Coordinator develops, implements, and maintains transnational programs with TRU's existing and potential partner institutions to foster TRU-wide capacity building. This position provides support by organizing, coordinating, and monitoring workflow in order to meet the needs of transnational programs, and sustain partner relationships.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops project plans and implements projects as they arise for transnational programs.
- Liaises and follows up with TRU departments, deans, program chairs, and faculty as required for transnational program planning, development, delivery, and maintenance. Resolves day-to-day problems, and handles sensitive material.
- Handles daily requests from partner institutions and students regarding admission, registration, graduation, materials, facilities, faculty, and other matters related to transnational programs. Facilitates to resolve issues encountered.
- Collects, organizes, and disseminates program information, such as syllabi and course outlines for accredited programs.
- Drafts and revises transnational agreements.
- Develops processes, communicates, monitors activities and trouble shoots to build and maintain quality assurance in transnational programs.
- Handles requests from TRU and partner faculty regarding travel visas, teaching and living conditions, and other inquiries related to the delivery of transnational programs.
- Organizes and coordinates activities related to meetings and events, both locally and abroad, for transnational programs.
- Creates documents related to transnational programs, including marketing information sheets, partner transfer guidelines, and program proposals.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, and statistics for transnational programs.
- Prepares program budgets for transnational education.
- Assists with hosting visiting delegations, including providing transportation, campus tours, hosting functions, etc.
- Organizes and coordinates the schedules and events for visiting scholars, and transfer students for transnational programs.
Manager, Transnational Education Programs
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field
- Four (4) years of related experience in educational program planning with budgeting and delivery including related experience working in an international context
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate workload
- Ability to liaise with TRU personnel as required for program planning, development, and delivery
- Knowledge of international education systems
- Familiarity with transfer credit systems
- Ability to handle confidential documents with discretion
- Ability to analyze and prepare budgets
- Second language/cross-cultural fluency
- Experience/training in preparing legal documents an asset
- Valid Class 5 BC drivers' license with no restrictions
- Sitting at a desk and computer for periods of time; general office conditions
- Occasional travel within British Columbia, nationally, and internationally
Please Note: If you are selected for interview, External Candidates will be required to bring a copy of their transcripts to the interview
The salary for the above position is determined by the Collective Agreement with the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 4879, as it presently exists.
CUPE Grade 09 $31.19
Please Note: This position may be subject to a 90% salary for the first 560 hours of employment.
Kamloops, BC CA (Primary)
Thompson Rivers University -> TRU World -> Transnational Education
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment:
Thompson Rivers University is strongly committed to hiring based on merit with a focus on fostering diversity of thought within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, Indigenous, Black and People of Color, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
NOTE: To learn more about Thompson Rivers University or living in Kamloops or Williams Lake please visit our Career website.