Provides supervisory support to Regulated and Unregulated Staff. Responsible for ensuring effective delivery of patient services to a designated geographic area in accordance with the ParaMed’s mission statement, established policies and procedures, relevant legislation, government guidelines, the Collective Agreement and local contract requirements.
- Ensures the establishment of an effective patient-related Plan of Care which is consistent with funder service plan.
- Conducts in-home visits per ParaMed’s policy (Quality Management Manual – Home Visit Policy) to assess.
- Receives and reviews referrals/requests from funder.
- Provides advice and support to the Patient Service Delivery Coordinators, as required, when scheduling for a non- routine/complex patient.
- Case manages all non-LHIN funded patients.
- Communicates regularly with funder about patient Plan of Care, changes in condition and risk issues.
- Collaborates with internal and external health care team as appropriate.
- Reviews, implements and complies with all policies and procedures as directed.
- Maintains current and accurate documentation on all patient records (in-home/electronic/office) and patient charts/records.
- Generates reports and performs statistical analysis (i.e. on hours worked, number/nature of visits, number of performance reviews completed).
- Determines the appropriateness of an unregulated care provider performing a Special Function.
- Delegation of an authorized act procedure to unregulated staff
- Teaching and monitoring of Special Function.
- Participate in On-Call Rotation as required.
Quality and Risk Management
- Responds to and follows through on urgent situations regarding patients including Not Seen/Not Found, in accordance with local contractual obligations.
- Ensures that regulated staff are informed in a timely manner of any potential or real risk within the scope of their position.
- Investigates and responds to serious funder/patient complaints/issues.
- Initiates and follows through on Reportable Event Document (RED’s).
- Ensures compliance with all Quality Management policies and Risk Management procedures.
Hire and Management
- Interviews and recommends hiring decisions
- Conducts orientation, training and In-Service training as required.
- Monitors employee performance through in-home visits, internal/external feedback and funder feedback.
- Assesses employee performance through the completion of probationary reviews and annual performance reviews
- Receives and responds to work-related concerns/issues in a timely manner.
- Responds to performance concerns in a timely manner through investigation and follow-up, as required, with an appropriate Management or Human Resources Representative.
- Ensures compliance with the Collective Agreement, if applicable.
- Ensures that the employee recognition program is maintained Occupational Health and Safety
- Ensures that health and safety hazards and accidents are reported immediately and in compliance with Community Health Services’ established policies and procedures.
- Investigates and thoroughly documents all accidents and reports all time-sensitive documentation to the Occupational Health and Safety Department and Workplace Safety and Insurance Board.
- Creates and promotes a rehabilitation/return to work plan for injured workers that includes modified work assignments.
- Completes ongoing monitoring of the established rehabilitation/return to work plan and complies with and understands the Occupational Health and Safety legislation and practices
- Responds to requests for private/private/another funder service.
- Develops and strengthens a positive working relationship with patients, funder and other service providers.
- Actively participates in internal and external committees and community functions (i.e. workshops, job/health fairs, patient conferences, provider meetings, participation on focus groups).
- Continually improves professional development (i.e. reading educational material from the College of Nurses, attending workshops and seminars).
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements RN, RPN, PSS Programs
- The minimum qualifications for this job are specialized post-secondary education and between 3-6 years of job- related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current Registered Nurse Certificate or Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of community health care, community programs/services and first aid.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and teaching skills.
- Proven experience leading and managing a team.
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software application.
- Knowledge of the Patient Information Management System software is an asset
Therapy Programs where applicable based on LHIN contract conditions
- Current registration to practice therapy in Ontario;
- Possess a registration as a registered therapist from, and is in good standing with, the appropriate College;
- Skilled with patient motivation/coaching of patients in the use self-care strategies;
- Skilled in teaching self-management principles to staff at the bedside;
- Skilled to train staff on and support/sustain best practice/leading practice implementation; and, in compliance with all applicable Law relating to the practice of the applicable therapy in Ontario.
Ability to work non-traditional and on-call hours as required.