For its opening at the end of July Starbucks Sainte-Catherine/Saint-Hubert is looking for Shift Supervisors
You will work for a new Starbucks franchise located in a hotel in the heart of downtown, two steps away from Berri UQAM metro station.
- Available to work full-time between 30 and 40 hrs per week but also part-time between 20 and 30
hrs per week. On morning, day or evening shifts.
- Ready to take on new challenges? To fulfill our customers with little touches and to be part of a superb team in a new environment?
Summary of the position and mission
This position contributes to Starbucks' success by providing unparalleled customer service. This position creates The Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing fast service and quality products, while maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. The incumbent must serve as a model and act in accordance with the guiding principles of Starbucks. Following the health, safety and cleanliness instructions for all products.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Provides feedback to store manager on partner performance during shift.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to partners on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve partner performance.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer.
- Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Develops positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, need and concerns.
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts.
- Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Follows all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
- Follows up with baristas during the shift to ensure the delivery of legendary customer service for all customers.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and by collaborating with store manager to find new, creative, and effective methods of recognition.
- Utilizes operational tools to achieve operational excellence during the shift.
- Two steps away from Berri UQAM metro station and from a shopping center.
- Hourly wage of 15.50$
- Advantageous group insurance for full time contracts.
Summary of Experience
- Experience in a similar position is an asset
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to direct the work of others
- Ability to learn quickly
- Effective oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the retail environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.50 per hour
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday