Summer - Wading Pool Attendant
Competition posting date:
Competition closing date:
Recreation, Cultural and Facility Services Department
Non Union/Non MPE
$14.000 per hour (2019 rates of pay)
Recreation and Culture
Responsible for the daily operation of the wading pool program within the city's parks. Follow all guidelines,
policies & procedures including all safety guidelines set by the branch. This includes ensuring the park is well
maintained and safe for users. Guarding of participants in the wading pool/area, light maintenance
monitoring water quality levels. Delivering of age appropriate activities and events, administrative duties and
responding to public inquiries.
Education & Experience
High School Student:
Minimum Grade 10
Some experience working with children (babysitting, after school programs, L.I.T. program, volunteer
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR "C" certification
- Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) certification
- AODA Accessibility Training
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check to the City of Ottawa’s
satisfaction. Candidates under the age of 18 will require a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check
instead of a Vulnerable Sector Check.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
This job with the City of Ottawa requires employees to be 15 years of age prior to employment.
- Understanding the development and recreational needs of children.
- AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) Legislated training required by 2010.
- City of Ottawa Core Training.
- Applicable Ottawa Parks & Recreation, aquatic policies and procedures.
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to execute park programs for children, youth and persons with disabilities in a park environment
- Ability to provide safe supervision in a wading pool environment
- Ability to operate and required tools/equipment
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written directions/procedures
If this opportunity matches your interest and profile please apply online by using the "Apply"
button. If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process
will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that
reflects the diverse population it serves. The City encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the
HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.