$40,000 - $42,500 annually + company provided benefits
Who is Keilhauer?
Founded in 1981, Keilhauer is a privately owned, design focused contract furniture manufacturer. Keilhauer manufacturers seating and tables for all the different ways that people work. Keilhauer products are thoughtfully made to support communications and engagement in spaces such as meeting rooms, offices, collaboration areas, lobbies and lunchrooms. Working with world-renowned furniture designers, Keilhauer is internationally recognized for award-winning design, built with extreme craftsmanship, to the highest environmental standards.
The HR Clerk provides administrative and clerical support to the HR department. In this entry-level position you will be introduced to all aspects of Human Resources, including recruitment and selection, onboarding, training, health & safety and payroll administration.
As the HR Clerk, you enjoy a variety of tasks and every day will be different from the previous one. Whether it’s reviewing time sheets, sourcing candidates or maintaining employee records, the HR Clerk is a flexible multi-tasker with a thirst for knowledge. You will often work on several tasks concurrently, so time management and the ability to balance multiple tasks are extremely important in this role.
You will work alongside a small, collaborative and supportive team. The position is best suited to a strong administrator with an interest in Human Resources who enjoys variety and thrives when working independently. Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities are a must, as you are a trusted resource for staff. You are approachable, empathetic, culturally sensitive and can respond to difficult situations without sacrificing professional conduct. Making sure all employees are safe and comfortable at work helps Keilhauer further its mission of making work comfortable for all.
1. Payroll and benefit administration
- Updates the HRIS system by ensuring current personnel records, data integrity and security are maintained and accurate;
- Assists with time and attendance data, payroll journals and ledgers;
- Maintains standard/ad hoc labour reports for management on a weekly and monthly basis;
- Assists with benefits administration and aids employees with claim submissions;
- Acts as backup to the Payroll & HR Specialist.
2. Provides general Human Resources assistance
- Assists with employee onboarding
- Assists HR Coordinator with recruiting tasks;
- Creates job postings and screens resumes in accordance with the job selection criteria;
- Sources external training and maintains training database;
- Acts as backup to the HR Administrator.
3. Other administrative tasks
- Updates and maintains employee records and HR databases (ex. org charts, recruiting log, family tree, etc.);
- Provides general HR administrative support to team, including creating forms, letters, reports, memos, etc.;
- Acts as backup to Reception for breaks and absenteeism.
- Previous experience working in an HR department is an asset, but not required;
- Completion of a college diploma or university degree in Human Resources is an asset;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and other technical programs; intermediate skill level in Excel; previous experience working with an HRIS or payroll system an asset;
- A valid driver’s license, valid insurance and access to a vehicle is a requirement, as there is a need to support staff at all facilities.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND INTELLECTUAL REQUIREMENTS
- Communication: Must be able to interact professionally, communicate effectively and exchange information accurately with all internal and external customers through email, phone communications and face-to-face contact; must have superior interpersonal, written and verbal skills; must be well-versed in proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and composition.
- Mobility: Must be able to sit/stand at a computer terminal for extended periods of time; may be required to go to various locations throughout the organization; some reaching for items above and below desk level; some reaching, bending, squatting and stooping to access files.
- Manual Dexterity & Coordination: Must have the strength, dexterity and coordination to regularly use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and phone;dexterity and coordination to handle files, occasional lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Vision: Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to visually examine worksite areas and the ability to view and interpret documents for accuracy.
- Cognitive Ability: Must use common sense and be able to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions; must have strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail; must prioritize effectively to complete assignments, even under pressure; must be accurate and detail oriented; must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form; must be able to act responsibly, discreetly and ethically and maintain strict confidentiality.
This role is performed primarily in an office environment which is typically quiet. Most of your duties will be fulfilled with the use of a computer and office equipment, with communications taking place by phone, email or in person. Some functions of your role will be conducted in the manufacturing facility, where you may be exposed to dust particulates and noise.
- This position requires frequent, dynamic interaction through face-to-face contact, email and phone communications;
- Must be capable of traveling to other locations as required to perform job function;
- This position requires long periods of focused reading and typing;
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Must be able to handle the stress of dealing with sensitive issues in a professional manner.
- Must be able to handle frequent interruptions to planned work activities;
- Must be able to respond and adapt quickly in a dynamic and changing environment;
- Must be willing to participate in seminars, training and/or thought leadership relevant to the position or industry;
- Follows all company and OSHA Safety regulations; works in a safe manner and uses personal protective equipment, if required; reinforces housekeeping and Keilhauer’s core values.
If this is you, send your resume to us or by fax to (416) 759-5723 and tell us how you would be a great fit.
Keilhauer is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment for all employees. Keilhauer is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities where possible. Let us know if accommodation is required for the interview.
We thank you for your interest, and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 to $42,500.00 /year
- HRIS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)