WestCorp Solutions is currently seeking a Planning & Scheduling Consultant with training capabilities able to guide a team of planners and schedulersfor our valued client North of Fort McMurray, AB. The planning consultant acts as a trainer, explaining what all parts of the turnaround and planning process will entail. They act as a facilitator providing assistance as to how to proceed through the developments. They also function as a instructor, providing guidance as to what are the best decisions and routes to make in the project.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years in preferably oil and gas planning and scheduling departments. Previous experience as a Planning Lead and/or Consultantis required. Candidates must hold a Journeyman status as one of the following: Pipefitter, Steamfitter, Boilermaker, Welder, or Millwright with a minimum or relative engineering background with 10 years experience in their field of work.
- Perform field inspections and determine the appropriate job work scopes Develop the work plans for the maintenance jobs (using SAP-PM) with the necessary information to allow efficient scheduling, assignment, and execution of these jobs
- Create, use, and maintain plant history and other technical files to include information in current job plans to anticipate and avoid job delays
- Develop cost and time estimates of the planned maintenance work
- Write applicable maintenance procedures that promote defect-free maintenance work quality
- Be responsible for up-keep and accuracy of equipment maintenance history and job records database
- Be responsible for up-keep and accuracy of technical information on processes, plant and equipment
- Continually improve the planning, scheduling, purchasing, stores, data management and job reporting systems to increase planning effectiveness and efficiency assuring that the work is planned to meet all important maintenance, construction and start-up dates.
- Maximize resource productivity by identifying parts, materials, special tools, external services, rentals and documentation
- Preparation of job plans ready for scheduling detailing parts, materials, special tools, external services and documentation with planned costs
- Identification of safety, EH&S, permit and communication requirements
- Preparation of job plans to include the sequencing of associated tasks, taking into account multi-craft alignment.
- Maintain and continuously improve job plans
- Maintain bills of materials (BOM's)
- Must have a Grade 12 or GED
- Journeyman Trade Certified: Pipefitter; Steamfitter; Boilermaker; Welder; or, Millwright or relevant engineering background.
- Dynamic individual with 10 years minimum planning experience in oil and gas preferred.
- A working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (preferably SAPor Similar) and material management systems
- Proficient with Microsoft office products such as Word & Excel
- Well versed and experience with Primavera
- Knowledge of routine maintenance and/or turnaround practices, performances measures, scheduling tools and techniques
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, administrative and leadership skills are required
- Motivated, self-starter who can work well independently or within a team environment
- An effective communicator with the ability to develop positive working relations across a multitude of business units
- Exercises good judgment on complex decisions
- Oversee all planning activities while balancing key KPI's: service level, inventory and cost
- Manage and develop a team of planners to ensure that the team supports the business objectives.
- Promote and manage cross-functional and effective relationships.
- Foster and support the adoption of best practices, the identification of continuous improvements initiatives, and drive process adherence.
SHIFT: Monday - Thursday (10 HOUR DAYS)
Uplift for Living and Travel will be provided in addition to base hourly rate.
We would sincerely like to thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted at this time.
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Turnaround Planning: 5 years (Required)
- Primavera: 10 years (Required)
- Scheduling: 5 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Required)