At Homewise, we are changing the face of mortgages in Canada through engineering innovative technology, based on artificial intelligence and enhanced data analytics. Clients apply online in minutes, then we match them with the best options from our 30 bank and lender partners.
Each client is set up with a personal tech-powered Advisor from our team to take them each step of the way.
As a brokerage licensed across Canada that was recently nominated as the Top New Brokerage of the Year, we help customers at each step, and manage the lender relationship. The Mortgage Advisor will have a critical role to make sure the mortgages we provide will be fulfilled seamlessly and with best in class customer experience.
Are you passionate about leading technology companies? Eager to make a difference at a fast-growing business? If so, this position may be for you!
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting directly to the Director of Mortgages, you will work supporting the mortgage team to ensure excellence in Customer documentation and in the facilitating of the loan fulfillment with lenders (lender package delivery and partner liaising for all mortgage Customer files). This is a fast-paced position, working with multiple parts and dealing with confidential, private information. Success in this position is measured by the ability to provide an excellent experience to customers with absolute compliance to the Homewise Policies and Procedures Manual. We also expect you to drive efficiencies in the mortgage process. This position has a possible career path in becoming a Mortgage Agent in our team.
This is an exciting role that will have you working with multiple team members, both within Homewise and our lender partners. It is an integral role for our growing company.
What we are looking for:
You will have relevant experience in mortgage documentation review and loan fulfillment in a financial institution.
You are part of our governance first line of defense in driving compliance to Homewise Policies and Procedures.
You are motivated and a self-starter. You must work well under tight deadlines and maintain a high level of organization, while balancing multiple tasks. Attention to detail is key, and our platform needs tech-savvy people, comfortable with paperless, fully digital work. You are obsessed with Customer experience and always willing to deliver the best service. You are always there for our Homewise Customers!
- Review and collect Customer documentation as per lender requirements
- Prepare approval packages for Customer signing
- Order and review appraisals
- Submit to Lawyers and Lenders
- Ensure all lender conditions are met prior to closing to the closing date
- Data entry into Filogix Expert and in the Homewise Relationship Manager, and other systems of our digital platform.
- Help in internal audits and checks
- Strict adherence to Homewise Policies and Procedures
- Excellent digital environment skills. We mean by that you are very good with computers and office software packages (by the way, let us know if you are a touch typist). You need to know Filogix Expert
- Able to prioritize and efficiently manage a high volume of work
- Ability to work independently and as a team in a fast-paced environment
- Consistently able to operate in a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness
- Clear and effective communication skills (proficient in written and oral English, French is a plus)
- High level of professionalism, discretion and maturity required
- Flexibility on working from home
- Being part of a growing team with strong career progression opportunities
- $35,000-40,000 annual salary
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,000.00-$40,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Work from home
- Temporarily due to COVID-19