SQI Diagnostics is an innovative biotechnology company that is saving lives through science. With our entrance into the fast-paced, high-stakes field of live organ transplantation, we are seeking a software development architect who is as innovative as our products, and is as passionate about the lives of patients and their families as we are.
Owns the overall design of current and future versions of SQI’s software. This proprietary software runs an automated system used for immuno-assay protocols utilizing multiple hardware components.
· Improve the stability and system resource utilization of the current software design.
· Lead the design of a sustainable software architecture for future products.
· Ensures that the software architecture is suitable for the intended use and meets all user and regulatory requirements.
· Participates in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle
· Implements and improves processes within the software development lifecycle to ensure the software development team conforms to industry standards and best practices
· Review design inputs for effectiveness and efficiency
· Provides solutions and concerns to risk mitigation
· Mentor junior members of the software development team and guide them in their technical and professional development
· Collaborates with programmers, engineers, and project stakeholders from other disciplines during each design/development phase to gain an understanding of the product, intended use and its operation
· Helps with the documentation of legacy software solutions as well as establishing a procedure for future documentation that satisfies regulatory requirements
· Provide feedback on customer facing documentation as appropriate
Education, Qualifications, and Requirements:
·· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline
· 7+ years of professional experience in software architecture and design
· Expert knowledge of C# or other Object-Oriented languages, with a comprehensive understanding of the principles of multithreading and OOP
· Expert knowledge of memory and resource management techniques
· Experience with:
o .NET Framework
o drivers utilized for third party hardware control
o database design, cloud-based infrastructure preferred
o writing software in a regulated environment such as the medical, financial or automotive industry
o application builds, deployment and version control using various tools such as Bitbucket and Bamboo.
· Experience in the following is an asset:
o IEC 62304 compliant development experience
o Experience designing and implementing complex algorithms such as resource schedulers or image processing.
Other Required Skills:
· Requires excellent oral and written communication skills and displays effective collaboration skills.
· Strong work ethic, ability to work in a team, and willingness to learn new things
· Attention to detail
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year