Laker Energy Products Ltd. is a leading supplier of precision-machined components to the
international nuclear industry. We specialize in the manufacture of fuel channel and feeder
components, tooling and fuelling machine spares.
As a team member, you create outstanding value for our customers, by producing quality
products under tight deadlines. At Laker Energy we recognize that employees are our greatest
asset and work to create an environment that provides exciting and challenging work and an
opportunity to develop and grow within the organization.
Laker is currently looking for a Production Planner to join our team
The Production Planner is responsible for expediting the flow of work and materials within or
between departments according to daily, weekly and monthly production schedules. Duties
include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with
department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; inventory levels,
and solving production problems.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Review, action and release production work orders (MCS) per schedule
- Responsible to align and forecast the load and capacity needs.
- Review, release, action, analyze and maintain the line of balance production schedule for
each part number you own, expediting production orders (MCS) per your schedule
- Monitors the status of assigned work orders with department supervisor to determine
progress of work and completion dates. Alters schedules accordingly to build recovery
- Liase with production, quality and engineering to recommend improvements to the released
MCS as well as ensuring configuration control of released documents through the
implementation of Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s)
- Lead and drive resolution of non-conformances (NCR’s) through engineering and quality to
either scrap or release rework operations, allowing production to commence again.
- Maintains routing and bill of material issues to released work orders, flagging engineering
through change requests to update the standard router.
- Maintains the integrity of the MRP system with regard to system transactions
- Update and generate weekly production and efficiency key performance metrics.
- Liase with Quality and the customer’s inspectors in advance to ensure verify, witness, and
hold points are managed and production flow is not impaired.
- Lead the inventory weekly, monthly counts and manage the correct batch sizing to reduce
safety or obsolete stock.
- Diploma in Production Management or Inventory Management. (APICS certification
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Production planning, shipping and receiving or inventory
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office and ERP System required
- Knowledge of ASME Code, ISO 9001, CSA N285.0 and Z299 quality programs is an
- Demonstrated ability to work in and be challenged by a team-based environment, which
places high degree of emphasis on accountability for customer service levels, inventory
management, cost reduction, health and safety, environmental, quality and trade
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a focus on continuous
- Strong communication and problem solving skills to work within a team-based environment.
Interested applicants should forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. If accommodation is
required applicants should make this known in advance.
We thank all who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
For more information please visit our website at www.lakerenergy.com