Souto Farms is looking for a part time worker from the beginning of July to the beginning of October.
Souto Farms is a family run business who have been growing fresh BC fruit in Oliver, BC and been transporting to Alberta for 36 years. We have a central warehouse in Airdrie, AB and disperse amongst 20+ summer markets. We now have 2+ acres of ground crop on our acreage in Airdrie that we started in 2018. We are driven on hard work, great communication and excellent customer service. Together we look for more members to join our family orientated team to once again have another productive summer and provide sustainability and integrity within our community.
- Self-motivated and able to work without constant direction or supervision
- Great communicator
- Works well within a fast-paced team environment
- Passion for sustainability and locally-sourced food
- Ability to travel to farmers market location
- Experience in retail is preferred, but not required
- Unloading trucks and setting up tents and stands
- Selling fruit, vegetables, juices, and more
- Processing transactions
- Keeping market stand clean and organized during market hours
- Interacting with customers in a positive and efficient manner
- Offering outstanding product knowledge and customer service
- Building long-lasting relationships with customers and vendors
- Cleaning up post-market
Position Length: Every Friday from July 19th to End of September
Hourly Rate: TBD
Location: Strathmore Farmers Market
120 Brent Blvd, Strathmore, AB T1P 1E8
Time: 1:00pm am - 7:30pm
Closing Date: July 19, 2019
For more information on Souto Farms please visit www.soutofarms.com. You may also see (2019 Summer Market Schedule) for all our market locations.
We appreciate all interest within these positions and wish luck to all.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary