Canadian Tire, McKenzie Town SE
Calgary: T2Z 0A1
The Automotive Service Advisor communicates directly with customers, managing their needs and expectations regarding auto service maintenance and repairs. This role is the link between the technician and the customer. Superior customer service and communication skills are essential to success in this position and in enhancing the customer experience.
The job duties of an Auto Service Advisor may include:
- Greeting customers and scheduling service appointments
- Cataloging customers concerns and comments
- Writing service orders and descriptions of problems and repairs
- Translating customers’ repair problems into standard repair terminology
- Explaining repairs to customers
- Test-driving vehicles to confirm service repairs
- Estimating the cost and time needed for repairs
- Handling customer complaints
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Service Manager, Store Manager and General Manager.
- Other automotive, customer service and management opportunities in a large network of more than 485 Canadian Tire Service Centres across the country.
- Career opportunities across the larger Canadian Tire family (Canadian Tire Petroleum, PartSource, Mark's, FGL Sports Ltd, Canadian Tire Corporation Limited and Canadian Tire Financial Services). Physical Demands and
In compliance with the store’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures:
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
- Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Lifting above the shoulder, from floor to shoulder and floor to waist.
- Going up and down a ladder while carrying merchandise.
- Walking and carrying things at the same time and pushing/pulling, as required.
- Twisting, turning, reaching and working above shoulder level.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- service advisor: 1 year (Preferred)