EP Canada is a leading payroll service provider for the Entertainment, TV and Motion Picture industry. Join the team that helps to power OSCAR®-winning films, Emmy®-winning shows, and CLIO-winning commercials. EP Canada is Great Place to Work® Certified™ with opportunities in process-oriented departments, a competitive benefits plan, total rewards program and work-life balance.
Job Summary: Financial Analyst - North Vancouver (Competition No. 12-EPCV-2019)
Location: North Vancouver
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Career Development - Exciting Challenges - Great Opportunities
Entertainment Partners’ Tax Incentives division is hiring!
Under the direction of the Manager, Tax Credit Services, the Financial Analyst manages production subsidiaries (ProdCo’s) including, but not limited to, tax credit filings, financial statement preparation, and all activities involved in receiving tax credits up to the dissolution of ProdCos.
The Financial Analyst’s duties must be performed consistent with the Company’s mission and values and adhere to Company policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities will include:
Initial Contact with Client:
- Communicates with Production Accountants and his/her accounting teams to ensure EP’s standards and guidelines are understood and being adhered to throughout the production period.
- Supports the Client Services Coordinators, when required, with the quantitative aspects of obtaining federal and provincial government certification for each Production assigned.
Interim Production Audits:
- Analyzes production budgets and prepares tax credit estimates and quotations for new business.
- Prepares interim tax credit estimates as requested by EP’s clients.
File and Tax Return Preparation:
- Performs interim and final audits of production costs to ensure EP has identified all qualifying, tax credit eligible expenditures and calculates the Production’s final tax credits.
- Prepares bank reconciliations, journal entries and year-end financial statements for each ProdCo.
- Manages Canada Revenue Agency and Provincial agency audits on assigned Productions.
Accounting Services / Data Input for Visual Effects Productions:
- Manages each ProdCo’s revenues by invoicing the applicable production services fee amounts in accordance with various production services agreements.
- Monitors the ProdCo’s bank accounts (via online CMO system) for receipt of revenues via deposits or wine transfers.
- Receives ProdCo’s invoices from visual effects, animation and/or post-production houses and ensures invoices are approved for payment by EP’s client on the file.
- Ensures payments are set up via EP’s online bank wire system and ensures the authorized signing officers sign online wires within the required time period.
- Supports the Junior Financial Analyst to ensure the completion of subsequent year-end financial statements and tax returns and works towards dissolving ProdCos.
- Performs other related duties as Assigned by the Manager or Supervisor, Tax Credit Services
Education and Experience:
- University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Registered in the CPA program
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a financial accounting role
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and Word
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task/time-manage and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
Hours of Work:
The hours of work are 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday. Some overtime may be a requirement of this position.
Interested? How to apply:
Candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to:
Entertainment Partners Canada ULC.
Competition No. 12-EPCV-2019
EP Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
As only short-listed candidates will be contacted, we thank you in advance for your interest in EP!
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word: 2 years (Required)
- Financial Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)