Reporting to Sr. Operations Manager, the Shop Manager will be responsible for leading a team of bicycle mechanics to deliver on KPI’s related to bicycle availability & bicycle maintenance, while ensuring standard operating procedures are in place and being followed. As the Shop Manager, you will use a best practices approach to develop and deliver a quality service in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner. You will supervise daily operations and be actively involved in ensuring the efficient delivery of our in-house maintenance and repairs team. As well as, provide advice regarding repairs, modifications and maintenance issues, while being accountable for establishing and achieving sectional deliverables.
- Oversee the Shop’s daily operations, while maximizing shop efficiency, productivity and quality control.
- In conjunction with the Sr. operations Manager, prepare an annual operating plan inclusive of department KPIs, staffing requirements, and training plans.
- Adhere to the spare parts budget and work with Sr. Operations Manager to source third party suppliers where needed.
- Maintain parts inventory by coordinating with the manufacturer on required parts, creating effective procedures to monitor both parts inventory, while maintaining the inventory management software.
- Maximize the use of factory stock orders & factory return privileges to reduce parts inventory over a specific number of months.
- Ensure accurate costing & crediting for all received and returned parts.
- Assist lead mechanic/mechanics by managing their workloads and ensuring that all work gets completed promptly and to the highest standards.
- Hire, train, and develop department employees, while encouraging their professional growth. Perform annual employee performance evaluations.
- Develop and manage shop schedules to support business needs; assign and monitor work; implementing productivity standards; resolving operations problems; and implement new procedures to drive KPI performance.
Required Skills and Experience
- Champion the Shift Transit philosophy everyday.
- Must possess a valid Class G driver’s license.
- Must be physically fit, able to do repetitive work, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be available to work a varied schedule of days, evenings, weekends and /or holidays.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous management experience in the mobility space preferred.
- Ability to examine and adapt operations, form new policies, develop and implement new strategies to drive KPI performance.
- Ability to absorb information from manufacturer and procedure manuals for performing and scheduling repairs and ensuring safety measures; and to write reports.
- Human relations and organizational skills to organize and coordinate the work of the bike repair team; instruct and train staff in specific work methods and procedures; communicate recommendations to management; assist other staff and participate as an effective team leader.
- Ability to participate when necessary to respond to time sensitive demands beyond regularly scheduled work hours
- All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities to accomplish company key performance indicators.
- Shift Transit Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive culture with a workforce that is representative of the population it serves. Applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minority group members are encouraged.
About Shift Transit
Founded in 2015, Shift Transit is a leading mobility operations company, offering clients a robust suite of services. From operating all facets of bikeshare systems (including station site planning, station and bike deployment and maintenance, fleet rebalancing, marketing and sales) to managing carsharing fleets, Shift Transit has quickly become one of the most agile and respected mobility management firms in the field. Shift Transit has 110 employees in seven offices across North America and currently powers bike sharing systems in Toronto, Detroit, Chattanooga, Tucson, and Ann Arbor and car sharing services in Chicago and Austin. In 2018 alone, customers took over 2.5 million trips using Shift Transit platforms.
Job Type: Full-time