DDS Wireless International is looking for a full stack software development engineer with front end and back end experience. You must be passionate about designing, prototyping, and testing cloud based software components.
You will be working with a team to design and deploy services to the cloud.
DDS Wireless International is focused on delivering high performance software products for transportation. We develop web based products that integrate with mobile devices, and provide optimized ride sharing and routing solutions for vehicles.
- Being a quick learner of new technology and a technical leader.
- Mentoring junior developers on design patterns and best practices.
- Developing prototypes, proofs of concept and reference architecture diagrams.
- Developing reliable, production hardened components.
- Designing RESTful API’s for distributed components and services.
- Writing unit, system and integration tests that validate the features in your code.
- Performing peer code reviews.
- Collaborating with product managers and the development teams to create and prioritize requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Strong track record of utilizing native AWS services (SNS, SQS, IoT, DynamoDB).
- Strong AWS Log collection, storage, analysis, monitoring experiences by utilizing tools like Cloudwatch or other log management tools.
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Deployment into a combined cloud native, Linux and container staging and production environment.
- Developing SaaS based products.
- Relational database design.
- CSS and layout frameworks (Bootstrap, Materialize, Foundation).
- Experience developing single page web applications.
- Comfortable with basic shell scripting in a Linux environment.
- Experience on an agile team (Scrum).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Seattle or Richmond for team meetings.
Nice to have:
- Automation and deployment (docker) and build tools (Jenkins).
- Domain driven design experience.
- Experience designing micro-services.
- PostgreSQL database experience.
We offer a competitive performance based compensation package and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in this fast moving international organization.
DDS Wireless International offers a team based work environment and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in this fast moving international organization.
Apply Now! Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you! Attach your resume in Word or PDF together with a cover letter.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls or agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
- AWS: 1 year (Required)
- Docker: 3 years (Preferred)
- Node.Js: 3 years (Required)
- Software Development: 5 years (Required)
- Jenkins: 1 year (Preferred)
- Back end development: 3 years (Required)
- Linux: 5 years (Preferred)
- RESTful API: 5 years (Required)
- Front end development: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)