The Director is responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategic marketing programs for the Canada and Marketing Divisions. These measurable programs help Financial Advisors attract and develop clients. As the champion for Canada's consumer brands, the Director is focused on increasing firm revenues, supporting healthy growth and reinforcing the Edward Jones global brand. He or she must effectively communicate the benefits of Edward Jones' approach to investing and market to our clients' needs. Furthermore, the Director is responsible for maintaining a balance between leveraging global resources and using local expertise for Canada's marketing communications, strategic marketing and business development initiatives. The Director is also responsible for Canadian internal communications and working with US communications to ensure alignment on firm-wide communication strategies. Through a variety of resources and disciplines, he or she contributes significantly to firm-wide business objectives.
Finally, the Director is responsible for developing associates accountable to him or her, as well as associates across the Canada and Marketing Divisions. He or she assembles and directs teams of marketing associates and/or external resources to execute marketing plans consistent with the global marketing strategy. Not only are key Canada Division associates responsible to the Director, there are many areas that rely on his or her support (e.g., Market Development, Products and Services) and/or support the Director's initiatives (e.g., Direct Marketing, Market Insights, Paid Media). The key to the Director's success is a keen understanding of how work gets done throughout the firm and an exceptional communication style that enables this team of associate to act in sync with Canada's objectives.
The Director requires a solid knowledge of all marketing disciplines and will have responsibility for:
Firm's branding objective and what strategies and programs best meet those objectives that may include advertising, public relations, online marketing, direct mail and client communications ;
Evolution of a Canadian investor's needs during various market cycles and life stages;
Regional and cultural differences of the Canadian investor;
Consumer target markets for all Products and Services business areas;
Edward Jones sales process and the evolution of a Financial Advisor's career;
Business goals and key drivers of the Canada and Marketing Divisions;
Firm's strategic direction including short- and long-term objectives;
Collaborating with leveraging the skills, resources and knowledge of the US Marketing Division to achieve objectives;
Canadian internal communication and alignment with firm-wide communications
Firm's responsibility based management practice towards developing associates and leaders.
Home Office - Canada
Home based Associate?No
- Bachelor's degree. Masters of Business degree or post-secondary degree in Marketing preferred. Industry designations (e.g., Certified Financial Planner, Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute) are ideal.
Years of Relevant Experience
Minimum of 15 years of experience in a similar role, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and success in managing teams.
The Director role requires the following functional skills –
- Broad and deep knowledge of all marketing disciplines including direct marketing, external partnership identification and development, marketing communications, market research, paid media, public relations, online marketing and sales promotion.
- In-depth understanding of (i) the firm, (ii) business objectives for the Marketing and Canada Divisions and (iii) Canadian investors and job seekers.
- In-depth understanding of the firm's sales process and activities; the features and benefits of products and services; and the Canadian regulatory environment and its requirements regarding selling.
- Able to formulate and execute a broad range of marketing plans to support the firm's and Canada's objectives.
- Able to serve as a consultant and lead a team of consultants to other Canada Division business areas regarding marketing needs and activities.
- Able to lead internal communication strategies including the management of sensitive communications.
- In-depth knowledge of internal communication best practices and practical experience leading and executing internal communications in multiple media.
- Able to develop and follow processes to ensure efficient workflow management by marketing's functional areas.
- Able to develop efficient and effective processes to manage workflow in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment through streamlining processes and leveraging technology.
- Able to manage external marketing agencies and resources.
- Able to build consensus among the Canada's senior leadership team to implement initiatives.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
- Skilled in determining the applicability of programs to niche markets (e.g., Chinese, Quebec).
- Excellent leadership and management skills including the coaching and development of associates.