Established in 1951, Huron Bay Co-operative proudly serves 2,500 members and rural residents in the counties of Bruce, West Grey and North Huron. The co-operative provides products, services and expertise in agronomy, energy, and feed in addition to serving local communities through its ACE branded farm stores and garden centres. Huron Bay Co-operative is a member-owner of GROWMARK, Inc., a large regional wholesale supply co-operative, and markets such products and services under the FS banner.
Huron Bay Co-operative is currently accepting resumes for the position of Store Clerk for our Belgrave store location, with full-time and part-time opportunities available. Under the direction of the Area and Store Managers, the Store Clerk promotes good customer service and relations by assisting customers in HBC retail stores and garden centers.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual that takes pride in creating a positive and efficient team environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Promotes and maintains positive image for HBC and the store. Enhances the store’s general appearance and provides a pleasant shopping environment.
- Provides services to customers by assisting them in locating products, directing them to appropriate areas and/or to senior staff for additional assistance.
- Assists customers in loading goods, ensuring all shipping documentation is accurate and complete.
- Ensures that store merchandising is complete and current, including timely effective in-store displays.
- Ensures assigned product departments are stocked, labeled, clean and well merchandised.
- Ensures outdoor displays are clean, tidy, current and exist.
- Assists with inventory control and management.
- Orders product only under supervision; receives and checks orders ensuring that quantities, quality and costing are correct and that all associated documentation is complete.
- Prices product only under supervision within established guidelines.
- Follows all legislated and company policies especially with respect to handling sales, credit, sales invoices, receiving vouchers, ordering procedures, inventory, cash handling, health and safety and security.
- Assists with maintenance and housekeeping in store, warehouse and storage areas.
- Assists with outdoor maintenance including windows and doors, snow removal, grass cutting, and flower beds if applicable.
- Assists with monthly/annual inventory counts.
- Maintains current working knowledge of energy, feed and crop products, programs, order procedures and invoicing.
- Assists in other areas as required.
- Maintains proper personal image and care of company assets.
- Working as part of the HBC team; Ensures that company objectives, customer service levels, employee relations and inter- branch relations are improved and promoted.
- Normally requires a high school diploma, college diploma, or equivalent, or a combination of experience and training to provide the required knowledge and skills to ensure customers receive exceptional customer service and the retail store is operated in an efficient manner while meeting budgeted guidelines.
- Proven ability to work independently, or in a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of product merchandising techniques and strategies and inventory management experience would be an asset.
- A valid driver’s license although not required would be an asset to facilitate travel to meetings.
- May occasionally require the ability to travel overnight.
For confidential consideration, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by the end of the day on Friday July 17, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time