Intake Assessor 1.0 FTE Permanent – location Barrie or Bracebridge
The Agency We are a Child Welfare and Children’s Mental Health agency committed to service excellence, teamwork and participation in decision-making. We respect and value diversity and operate from an anti-oppression framework. Located in a prime recreational area just north of Toronto we provide the opportunity to combine a career with a lifestyle of your choice.
The Job This posting is for a permanent full-time Intake Assessor position based in either the Barrie or Bracebridge office. The incumbent will report to the Intake Service Manager and will have primary responsibilities for handling telephone intake responsibilities for the Society, completing initial assessment and documentation on referred cases. This is a CUPE Local 5319 Bargaining Unit position.
- Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor of Arts in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A thorough knowledge of child welfare case management.
- A demonstrated ability to accurately assess risk based on intake information.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and support people in risk situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- A thorough understanding of anti-oppression values and principles is important.
- An appreciation of and ability to work with a diverse community.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is a highly desired asset.
Compensation The salary range is $52,764 to $65,101 commensurate with experience.
Deadline June 3, 2020