This position is responsible to ensure our people experience a team environment and have the relationships and communication necessary to deliver the best food and shopping experience. In addition to performing a wide and diverse range of human resources duties including; onboarding, payroll, health and safety, investigations, training, benefits & pension administration, assisting with performance management, the HR Manager (Retail) must ensure all employees, customers and suppliers benefit from the Farm Boy Way.
- Assist Managers in compliancy with all relevant employment legislative requirements, including time management, Employment Standards Act, 2000and health and safety.
- Oversee the hiring process and audits to ensure compliance with all Employment Standards, Labors Laws and Farm Boy company policy.
- Support Management team in ensuring consistency and fairness are met at all levels of compliance.
- Greet walk-in applicants and conduct initial assessment.
- Provide training/coaching to Management team on the hiring process.
- Assist Management team with hiring and termination decisions.
- Track and report store staffing levels to Management team.
- Participate in Career and Job Fairs.
- Conduct orientation for new store employees and ensure all employees are entered in ADP-WFN.
Facilitation of Payroll:
- Complete audit of timecard punches and exceptions for Department Managers – process all ADP-WFN timecard corrections.
- Manually enter various paperwork (time-off requests, employee personal information or status changes) in ADP-WFN.
- Be familiar with statutory holiday legislation and ensure compliance.
- Compile weekly payroll report.
- Act as a contact point to investigate and answer all employee payroll related questions.
Health & Safety:
- Compile, manage and keep up to date with all administrative functions of the Joint Health and Safety Committee, including monthly inspections, meetings, certified staff lists, etc.
- Track list of management training requirements for Food Safety, First Aid and Joint Health and Safety Certifications and any other safety related training requirements.
- Be responsible for accurate and timely reporting of all accidents including completion of incident reports, modified duties are offered and Return to Work forms are coordinated with Home Office.
- Coordinate with HR Partner and Home Office to ensure investigations, including those related to the Respectful Workplace Policy and Employee Injury investigations are completed in an accurate and timely fashion, make next step recommendations and compile final reports as required.
- Manage the administration of the internal Learning Management System (LMS) and coordinate with Store Managers, Department Managers to provide training materials and ensure training is completed.
- Organize and maintain store-level employee files.
- Manage Desjardins Benefits system and ensure information is current.
- Conduct audits on Benefit and ADP-WFN systems.
- Administer department inventory i.e. uniforms, office/store supplies, janitorial supplies and Health and Safety supplies.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties to support our stores.
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Typically requires completion of a post-secondary program with an emphasis in Office Administration or Human Resources, plus a minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in a similar role or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Successful completion of Level A First Aid and Basic CPR certification, or the commitment to complete within 6 months
- Demonstrated ability to conduct interviews
- Working knowledge of the Employment Standards Act and Ontario Labour Laws
- Above average communication, coaching and motivating skills
- Keen attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and presentation
- Self-motivated, adaptable and decisive with a hands-on approach to work
- Above average knowledge of programs including ADP WFN and Microsoft Suite
- A demonstrated high degree of professionalism and diplomacy
- Ability to handle confidential materials in a sensitive and appropriate manner
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekend and holidays as required
- Fluency in English and French shall be considered an asset
*Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities
Job Type: Full-time