Location: Cambridge, ON
Reports to: Controller/VP Operations/CEO
This position is responsible for coordinating and consolidating all financial functions and directing publication and compliance of all accounting and financial activities.
In the Role
- Liaising with all relevant stakeholders to ensure timely accurate reporting and adherence to monthly/quarterly and year-end timetables
- Production of periodic P&L results for all individual branches, ensuring tight deadlines are met whilst maintaining the highest levels of accuracy
- Ongoing reconciliation of nominal accounts including investigation and resolution of any accounting discrepancies or irregularities
- Periodic maintenance and control of the fixed asset register
- Liaising with all relevant stakeholders to challenge and collate the proposed monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets and forecasts
- Managing and coordinating the business’s periodic operational forecasting process and annual budgeting process ensuring assumptions are accurately reflected and projections are completed timely with appropriate levels of transparency
- Through analytical review and trend analysis, track performance against monthly, quarterly and annual reporting targets and provide early identification of areas requiring attention
- Scenario modeling in support of the assessment of business development and growth opportunities and new business initiatives
- Contributing to the production of special project presentations and other types communication to stakeholders
- Develop store analytics, performance metrics for describing business changes and benchmarking analysis
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects
- Research and analysis, structuring concepts into logical elements and developing various scheduled and ad-hoc analysis
- Ad-hoc requests from senior management
- University degree or college applied degree in Accounting (preferred);
- CPA (CA, CMA, CGA) preferred or in the final stages of working on CPA;
- 5+ years progressive work experience starting from an intermediate accountant;
- Be familiar with both IFRS and ASPE;
- Be familiar with Microsoft Dynamic Great Plains system (preferred but not required).
One of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies, we operate at the intersection of Retail, Technology and Financial Services. For nearly two decades, Cash 4 You has been recognized as a leader in the consumer financial service industry with over $1Billion dollars of loans funded. We are not only known for our fast and easily accessible loans and financial services through our retail, mobile and digital channels, but for our incredible people as well.
Job Type: Permanent