LOCATION: North Vancouver & Port Coquitlam:
Brymark Installations Group Inc. (Brymark) is a multi-discipline industrial general contracting company with its primary focus in piping, structural and mechanical system installation for B.C.’s petro-chemical, bulk material handling, power generation, mining, and pulp and paper industries. We also provide a variety of related services, including civil, maintenance, demolition and project management. Since 1983, Brymark Installations has been building its reputation for integrity, reliability and expertise in tackling challenging projects. Brymark is a B.C. owned and operated company. Read more about us at www.brymarkgroup.com
Safety is the hallmark for everything we do, and we are:
Driven by Safety – To Be the Best.
Our company culture demands integrity, reliability and care for our customers from each and every Brymark employee. As an integral member of our team, you will provide project management support to the company. This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark within a major player in the industrial general contracting industry. Candidates who are interested in a longer-term career opportunity are preferred.
We are looking for a motivated individual who is committed to growing their professional career at Brymark while gaining valuable knowledge and experience through a variety of assignments.
The WorkFace Planner is responsible for the conversion of Construction Work Packages (CWP) into Installation Work Packages (IWP). They are also responsible for insuring that all necessary resources are available prior to releasing the IWP and monitoring and control of IWP.
Essential Duties (Roles and Responsibilities):
- The WorkFace Planner ensures that safety, quality and efficiency at the WorkFace are considered in the planning process.
- In this field position, the WorkFace Planner would use his/her hands-on construction expertise to develop Installation Work Packages (IWP).
- The WorkFace Planner coordinates with and provides WorkFace construction knowledge to project schedulers, engineers, superintendents and managers.
- He/she acts as liaison between the project controls department and workforce supervision
The WorkFace Planner must facilitate a safe work culture and is accountable for identifying and inputting into IWP all necessary resources and specific safety requirements to provide safe working conditions for all planned activities. This may include:
- Knowing, understanding and communicating the safety requirements of the WorksafeBC regulations, Brymark’s Health & Safety Manual, the Client HSE Program and Project specific safety policies or procedures
- Identify specific risks associated with executing the planned activities
- Providing or arranging for inclusion of safety compliance in IWP to mitigate specific risks
- Ensure intended safety requirements are properly conveyed to workforce supervision.
- Monitoring and controlling IWP and advising appropriate parties
- Coordinating activities with field supervision, resource coordinators, project controls, quality assurance other planners, and operations personnel
- Modifying, reviewing or adjusting IWP as necessary
- Conducting post-mortem on IWP if required
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and or attitudes required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
The WorkFace Planner should meet the following requirements:
Education and/or Experience:
- Have knowledge of health, safety and environmental programs
- Know the company and project environment
- Be a member of at least one specific construction trade discipline or construction specialty at a minimum journeyman level
- Know general construction and materials systems and procedures
- Have a basic understanding of project scheduling and estimating techniques
- Understand how the IWP fits into the overall project schedule
- Estimating knowledge would be an asset
The WorkFace Planner should meet the following education/experience requirements:
The WorkFace Planner should have the following skills:
- Completed Construction Safety Training Systems
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience on industrial construction projects as a journeyman tradesperson or other construction project specialist
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience
- Completed a formal supervisory training program (e.g., Better Supervision, Merit Supervisory Training Program or equivalent)
- Completed Leadership for Safety Excellence Skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- Effective oral and written communication
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
The WorkFace Planner is accountable for developing IWP from design documentation and reviewing with foremen to ensure a complete understanding of the daily and weekly activities required to meet production goals.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing IWP templates
- Preparing required project IWP, which includes determining required activities, resources, special conditions, quality control, risk planning, interdependencies
- Determining and coordinating resource requirements and liaising with resource coordinators
- Reviewing IWP for completeness and accuracy
- Coordinating IWP execution with field supervision
- Computer Skills:
o MS Word
o Autodesk Navisworks
o MS Excel
o Adobe Acrobat Pro or Bluebeam Revu
The WorkFace Planner should exhibit the following characteristics:
- Accepts challenges
- Ability to identify field interferences at the planning stage
- Effective in applying constructability principles
- Willing to learn
- Responsible and accountable
- Good work ethic
- Leads by example
- Team player
- Honest and acts with integrity
- Productive and deliver results on time
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Brymark; although, only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Brymark Installations Group Inc. does not accept and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited résumés from agencies. Agencies should not submit resumes in response to this posting, to Brymark employees or any associated company location.