Creativiva is a live entertainment production company operating worldwide from its headquarters in Toronto, Canada and offices in New York and London. In its 15 years of worldwide endeavours, Creativiva has reached thousands of people with its multi-genre and innovative projects. Creativiva is dedicated to evoking emotions, stimulating senses, and creating unforgettable experiences; their spectacles prove that nothing is impossible.
Creativiva is hiring a Toronto-based Business Development Manager for global markets to join our quickly growing Business Development team. As a Business Development Manager for global markets, the successful candidate will be responsible for initiating and developing new client relationships across the globe throughout the entire sales process, from outreach to closing the deal.
- Research and identify potential business opportunities for Creativiva in Creativiva’s priority global markets;
- Conduct outreach, including calls and business meetings with prospective clients;
- Manage incoming approaches from and initial contact with prospective clients;
- Present Creativiva services with a thorough knowledge and in a professional manner;
- Independently manage leads through the entire sales process, from first contact through project evaluation, deal structuring, negotiation and closing;
- Manage the negotiation of the detailed terms of letters of intent, term sheets and long form agreements with prospective clients;
- Diligently manage and follow-up on working relationships with clients, fostering strong long-term relationships to bring repeat business;
- Maintain detailed files and copies of all emails, documents and other forms of communications with prospective clients and clients;
- Complete necessary business administration and reporting as required by management and the business;
- Attend networking events and industry trade shows;
- Keep up-to-date on market trends and industry competitors;
- Work out of Creativiva head office in Toronto.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a sales executive or a business development manager;
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field;
- Successful track record of negotiating and closing deals and growing long-term relationships; experience with developing high level, international client relationships is considered an asset;
- Ability to swiftly identify opportunities and professionally manage and guide the end-to-end sales process;
- Ability to ask probing questions to understand the needs of a prospective client with the skill to appropriately suggest dynamic solutions;
- High degree of professionalism with a confident, assertive style; strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly motivated self-starter with an exceptionally strong desire and drive to succeed;
- Ability to work autonomously with a high level of tenacity;
- Effective time management skills and commitment to work to strict deadlines;
- Outgoing personality, authenticity - ability to enjoy and thrive in any conversation;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to influence and collaborate with people at all levels and functions;
- Strong negotiation skills at executive corporate level;
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal;Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) and Mac OS (Pages, Keynote, Numbers);
- Valid passport to travel internationally
- Available to work outside of normal business hours.
- Available to travel
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset
This position is a full-time contract position and is based out of Creativiva’s Toronto headquarters.
This is a 6-month contract with a possibility of extension. The remuneration for this position is CAD$40-$50k annually as base salary plus commission based on relevant skills and experience and includes healthcare benefits.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter how they meet the requirements for this position. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. The application deadline is November 15, 2019. No phone calls please.
We thank you for your interest. Please note that we will only contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- business development or sales: 4 years (Preferred)