The Program Manager is accountable for ensuring the successful launch of new projects from the inception stage to manufacture, for a wide array of customers. This includes planning, monitoring the progress and support of new product development and redesign opportunities, encompassing quality, budget and timing targets to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Engineering Degree/3-Year Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution within a technology engineering discipline.
- Formal training in project management methodologies and techniques.
- Minimum 5 years technical professional experience within an engineering or technology environment, including a customer service orientation.
- Strong manufacturing background, preferably high-volume and electronics technology.
- Previous experience with new product development, testing and/or process engineering.
- Project management experience, with exposure to scheduling and/or project management software packages.
- Establish, drive and maintain Product Development Schedules to ensure new products and redesigns are launched according to delivery dates and customer expectations. Communicate project schedule and current status to all relevant parties (internal and external) on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor and follow through on open issues related to new product developments. Ensure all relevant departments receive timely and accurate information on the status of issues and are actively involved in resolution of any outstanding concerns.
- Coordinate and facilitate Design Review Meetings with sales and engineering staff, and participate as an active member of the Design Review Team. Prepare minutes and follow up on any action items identified at meetings.
- Support sales staff by providing internal and on-site support to Etratech customers. Act as liaison between customers, field sales staff and internal departments, problem solving quotations, scheduling and invoicing matters.
- Other responsibilities, functions, duties and projects as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
Etratech is a highly customer driven organization. All customer related positions require flexibility in the work schedule to accommodate customer needs. Travel to customer sites is a function of this position. Some production processes require the use of hazardous chemicals and personal protective equipment is required. ESD lab coats and safety glasses with side shields are mandatory within designated areas such as our production facility.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)