*Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
*Submission without a cover letter will not be considered.
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. In Guiding, girls from 5-17 meet with girls their own age in a safe, inclusive space to explore what matters to them. GGC is where girls take the lead, put their ideas into action and jump into awesome activities – all with the support of volunteer Guiders who are committed to positively impacting their lives. We strive to ensure that girls and women from all walks of life, identities and lived experiences feel a sense of belonging and can fully participate.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading girl-driven organization in a role that will support the Programming team to deliver innovative and creative graphic design for the iconic, Girl Guide badges and accompanying resources that align with the evolving organizational Brand strategy.
Girl Guides of Canada is seeking a Graphic Designer
Reporting to the Manager, Program you will support the Member Experience team to deliver innovative and creative graphic design for the iconic, Girl Guide badges and accompanying resources that align with the evolving organizational Brand strategy.
The Graphic Designer will develop concepts and facilitate production of GGCs badges and crests, digital and print-based materials, graphic elements and resources; provide support for GGC’s online program platform; organize and provide creative direction for photo components; ensure graphic elements abide by brand guidelines. The position may require occasional basic video editing duties.
· Post-secondary education in graphic design or a related field
· A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in graphic design (ideally in a youth-serving organization)
· The ability to artistically develop creative illustrations and concept designs for weaved badges.
· A strong portfolio of illustrations, print and digital design targeted to children and youth audiences.
· The skills to be highly creative, organized and resourceful and can manage multiple project and deadlines.
· Proficiency in industry leading software (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Office, SharePoint)
· Experience in a team and independent environment and can work with multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders.
· Embody the attributes of our core DNA – welcoming, imaginative, courageous and enthusiastic
· Creative, curious and passionate about telling GGC’s story
Does this sound like you? Then apply today. Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) to:
Lisa Pereira – Employee Experience Business Partner
Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada
50 Merton Street, Toronto, Ontario M4S 1A3
*We will be reviewing applicants and interviewing on a rolling basis until this position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture.
Contract length: 10 months
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein, Contractuel