At Halton Region, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. Halton Region is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
Halton Region serves more than 595,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to the delivery of high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work.
We are proud to operate three quality child care centers where our employees provide a meaningful contribution to the lives of children and families. The Regional Child Care Centers provide an enriched child care environment that nurtures and foster’s each child’s development by providing the highest quality programs in an inclusive setting.
As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service-focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. You will make a meaningful contribution on the lives of children by providing quality care in a family-like atmosphere.
Halton Region is looking for educators who want to make a difference in children’s lives and have a love for learning and program excellence!
Posting ID: 340
Department: Social & Community Services
Division: Children's Services
Pay Range: $25.31 - $33.74 per hour, plus 6% vacation pay
Job Type: Relief/ Casual
Hours of Work: Relief/ Casual hours per week
Work Location: Margaret Drive Child Care Centre - 344 Margaret Drive, Oakville
Maple Avenue - 65 Maple Ave, Georgetown
Sedgewick Crescent - 1256 Sedgewick Crescent, Oakville
Employee Group: OCT
Posting Date: January 4, 2023
Application Deadline: December 31, 2023
Applicants who are not currently Registered by the College of Early Childhood Education may be considered for relief/supply opportunities.
In this role you will support seasoned educators to provide developmentally appropriate learning in a caring environment that prioritizes well-being, belonging, engagement and expression for all.
- Interact directly with the children, providing quality care and creative programming.
- Establish and maintain positive daily communications and interactions with families.
- Assist in supervising, planning and implementing a consistent child-centred program.
- Work with staff team to deliver a high quality and age-appropriate programs utilizing Ontario’s Pedagogy: How Does Learning Happen?
- Maintain confidentiality of information related to the centre, children, families, and employees.
- Adhere to all Child Care Licensing Regulations.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education.
- Registered by the College of Early Childhood Education.
- Current Standard First Aid certification including Infant and Child CPR.
- Knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014.
- Strong team work, time management and communication skills.
- Experience working with young children.
- Second language and intercultural understanding.
- Working in inclusive environments.
- Shifts are Monday through Friday (no weekends).
- Requirement to attend staff meetings and professional learning in the evenings (2 – 3 times per year).
- Travel may be required between locations.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Incumbent will be required to provide a Police Information Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check, prior to their first day of employment.
- Incumbent will be required to provide a copy of their current one-step tuberculosis test, prior to their first day of employment.
Important information about your application:
- In accordance with requirements in Ontario Regulation 191/11 – Integrated Accessibility Standards and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Region will accommodate the needs of individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform the Talent Acquisition representative of the nature of the accommodation(s) you require.
- Please submit your application online. We will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities and others who are not able to apply online. If you experience any issues with submitting your application, please contact HR Access at 905-825-6000 extension 7700.
- Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date specified on the posting.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.