Distill Mobile, located at 311 Richmond Road, suite 301, Ottawa, Ontario, K1Z 6X3, is a software company specializing in the design, development and deployment of mobile applications that integrate with enterprise systems and consumer web services. We prototype and develop mobile applications for all the major smartphone and tablet platforms.
Distill Mobile, located at 311 Richmond Road, suite 301, Ottawa, Ontario, K1Z 6X3, is a software company specializing in the design, development and deployment of mobile applications that integrate with enterprise systems and consumer web services. We prototype and develop mobile applications for all the major smartphone and tablet platforms. Distill Mobile is currently seeking a Chief Technology Officer to lead our development operations.
The CTO will be a key player in our leadership team. Reporting directly to the CEO, they will provide sound technical expertise and leadership in establishing the company's technical vision. The CTO will be closely involved in overall business strategy and will have the opportunity to shape Distill Mobile as the company embarks on a new phase of expansion focusing on the advertising technology industry.
- Oversee Technical Aspects of Company: Manage all engineering resources, technical operations resources and work directly with software engineers designing products and technical architecture.
- Establish Technical Vision: Lead all aspects of technology development, research and evaluate leading edge and innovative technologies for implementation and determine areas of growth.
- High Quality Engineering: Through project managers, build technical teams and ensure that they produces high quality engineering in a timely manner with multiple competing priorities.
- Communication: Participate in top level client communication, including technical discussions as required to assure successful integrations and customer satisfaction.
- Budget: Oversee sales and budget for the technology department and ensure that the department stays in budget.
- Manage Technology Standards: Ensure software product compliance with advertising technology industry standards including TAG, IAB and others.
- Architecture Design and Implementation: Responsible for overall architecture, design, and implementation of highly scalable distributed systems for targeting based on audience profile and location.
- Bidding Platform Architecture: Manage the design and launch of a real time bidding platform enabling scalable advertising for advertisers and publishers.
- Technology Advisor: Work with marketing, production and operations as a technology advisor in order to improve company efficiency and effectiveness.
- Leadership: Provide leadership in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science or information technology.
- Minimum of 10 years as a software engineer with progressively responsible roles and in a position to take on an executive leadership mandate.
- 3-5 years in managerial roles, recruiting, managing, mentoring and leading engineers responsible for user interface development, backend infrastructure development and infrastructure development.
- 3-5 years shaping strategy and technical planning.
- 3-5 years managing and creating global strategies and product roadmaps.
- 3-5 years budgeting and forecasting.
- 3-5 years risk management in defining sales and budget strategies.
- Familiarity with advertising technology industry standards including TAG, IAB, MRAID and ORMMA.
- Proven success in building advertising exchanges including OMAX (Opera Mediaworks Advertising Exchange), LocalAdExchange and xAd.
- Experience with Java, C, C++, Python.
- Experience architecting multi-threaded scalable platforms.
Language requirement: English
Work location: 311 Richmond Road, suite 301, Ottawa, Ontario, K1Z 6X3
- Permanent, Full time (40h/week)
- Yearly salary of $150,000 to $190,000
If you are interested in this role and meet all of the above requirements, please apply by sending your resume to i n f o @ d i s t i l l m o b i l e . c o m .
Please note that only candidates meeting all of the requirements will be contacted.
Industry: Internet and Software
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $150,000.00 - $190,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- software engineering: 10 years (Required)
- engineering manager: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19