The Operating Engineers Benefit Administration Corporation (OEBAC) was established by the Associated Organization, the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 793, in January 2019 to take over the administration duties from the current third party administrator. The main function of OEBAC will be pension and benefits administration on behalf of our 15,000+ Members.
The Junior Pension Administrator is responsible for administering the pension for members, including retirees and survivors. This includes working in a team to provide analytical and administration support pertaining to the pension plan.
This position reports to the Director of Pension and Benefits.
Job Responsibilities / Duties
1. To Administer the pension plan by:
- Processing pension applications;
- Reviewing applications for eligibility;
- Preparing and/or reviewing annual member pension statements;
- Responding to member inquiries;
- Administering pension payments and conducting any follow-up on outstanding payments;
- Determining plan beneficiaries’ entitlements under the pension plan;
- Reconciling membership;
- Completing government filing forms;
- Inputting member information into the administration system;
- Conducting research to find missing members and/or fill in missing information in the system;
- Coordinating mailing of pension related information to members;
- Providing welcome letters to new pensioners;
- Performing general office functions such as organization of document management system, filing, photocopying, etc.
2. To perform other related administrative duties as required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience;
- Work experience in pension administration required;
- Experience in benefits administration is considered an asset;
- Basic research skills required;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- The ability to work well under pressure;
- Strong planning and organizing skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Effective communication skills;
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent typing skills, including proper spelling and grammar;
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times;
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (including Power Point, Word, and Excel);
- Data analysis skills required.
- Manual dexterity required to operate computer and peripherals;
- Challenging and constantly changing work environment;
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
OEBAC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to the attention of the Assistant Human Resources Manager, outlining your qualifications and suitability to this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent