*Please note, this position is partially funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Grant. Applicants must be between the ages of 18 - 30.
Is responsible in providing quality service in compliance with standards of Housekeeping as established by the policies and procedures of West Country Hearth.
Education, Experience and Abilities:
· Minimum Grade 10 education. Must be willing to take courses as required for updating skills.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak clearly and effectively.
· Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram forms.
· Ability to utilize problem solving and decision making skills.
· Required to be physically fit. Stand, walk, bend, have use of hands, able to reach and pull. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
· Genuine interest and empathy for seniors and senior issues.
· Background and proven ability in the area of housekeeping.
· Knowledge of seniors and senior issues with the ability to apply appropriate level of patience in dealing with all clients.
· Must be pleasant and sincere in dealing with the elderly as well as staff members, to provide a warm, homelike environment.
· Ability to be flexible in performing responsibilities.
· Ability to work positively within a team environment with all departments.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to pay attention to detail.
· Demonstrate a professional attitude, behavior and appearance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Required to adhere to West Country Hearth’s Policies and Procedures.
2. Follow Safe Work Procedures, identify and report hazards to the OH&S Committee and/or your Supervisor, adhere to Manual Material Handling procedures, adhere to WHMIS regulations and lead by example following WCH Health and Safety guidelines.
3. Must wear appropriate clothing attire, i.e. scrubs, non-slip footwear.
4. Clean resident’s rooms and do laundry as per schedule.
5. Assist Head Housekeeper as required in other areas of the facility.
6. Replenish paper towel, fill soap dispensers/hand sanitizers, Klennex and toilet tissue in public wash rooms.
7. Clean tub rooms daily.
8. Empty garbage’s as required daily.
9. Label all residents personal laundry and linens.
10. Clean carts regularly
11. Keep all housekeeping equipment cleaned and assess to be in good repair.
12. Keep record of rooms/areas cleaned on a daily basis including completion of service reports for repairs (forwarded to Building Operator).
13. Assist Head Housekeeper with inventory of cleaning supplies.
14. Assist Head Housekeeper with annual inventory.
15. Assist Head Housekeeper with ongoing inspection and evaluation of the physical condition of West Country Hearth pertaining to cleaning.
16. Handle emergencies following West Country Hearth procedures.
17. Maintain confidentiality.
18. Keep in mind safety of all staff and residents.
19. Use equipment provided in a safe manner.
20. Ensure all equipment is cleaned regularly and in good working condition.
21. Will complete other duties as assigned by the Head Housekeeper and Management.
Contract length: 2 months
Application deadline: 2021-05-09
Expected start date: 2021-05-17
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: From $16.25 per hour
All employees required to wear masks, gloves and shields while working. At times may also need gowns. All PPE is supplied by the employer