*The Day & Ross Transportation Group is currently seeking a one-year temporary replacement Human Resources Generalist, Quebec region in Lachine, QC.
With a focus on quality customer service that extends to our valued employees, Day & Ross has been continuously recognized as an honored recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2005. We offer our full-time employees a generous Benefits package and a company matched Pension plan.
Responsible for leadership support and guidance on a wide range of HR matters across all divisions in the assigned region. Using a consultative approach, the HR Generalist supports the business in areas of workplace investigations, performance management and disciplinary action, policy development and implementation, low risk terminations, facilitate workshops in partnership with Organizational Development team and employee relations.
Please note: This position is tentatively scheduled for 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday; may be required to work different or additional hours from time to time.
To be successful in this role, you will exceptionally complete the following (not an exhaustive list of responsibilities):
- Research and respond to general employee and manager questions on HR policies and processes. Elevate higher level or more serious issues to the appropriate individual for resolution.
- Support the HRBP in the delivery of new programs and information to business leaders.
- Write disciplinary and termination letters.
- Work with managers to prepare job descriptions.
- Assist Managers with the preparation of Performance Improvement Plans; schedule and monitor follow up as required.
- Monitor monthly Attendance Report and follow up with managers to ensure excessive absenteeism is being addressed in accordance with the applicable policies.
- Monitor end dates for temporary positions and follow up with managers as necessary.
- Investigate complaints that are filed with HR and follow up accordingly.
- Monitor the weekly Recruitment report and bring longer term seats to the attention of the HRBP; brainstorm creative means of attracting suitable candidates for hard to fill positions.
- Support special HR projects by participating in the roll out and delivery, monitoring of results and necessary follow up.
- Promote and execute HR programs and initiatives ensuring compliance with legislation and company policies, with operational success and positive employee impact in mind.
- Review job postings, prepare interview questions, interview with or for hiring leaders as required.
- Other related duties as may be required.
To be qualified for this role, please ensure your resume clearly displays some or all of the following:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Human Resources; business administration or another related program may also be considered.
- CPHR designation achieve or in progress is preferred.
- An alternate suitable combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an HR functional or support role, preferably in the transportation industry.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid computer skills: keyboarding accuracy and experience with Microsoft Office products and web based programs. Previous experience with SAP is an asset. Inclination for learning new programs
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship management skills throughout all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to facilitate training workshops on a variety of topics
- Ability to train, coach, evaluate, and help improve others’ performance, contributions and/or workplace behaviours
- Excel at creating and delivering quality training presentations and supporting materials
- Good business acumen
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take direction from several people
- Appropriate sense of urgency
- Knowledgeable in federal employment laws, as well as HR best practices
- French and English language skills required
The working environment can include extensive computer work and handling of documentation. May be required to visit other locations, including offices, terminals, maintenance shops, etc. Up to 40 percent travel may be required, including local travel throughout the Quebec region – mostly by vehicle.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross Transportation Group fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Job Type: Contract
- Full cycle recruitment: 3 years (Required)
- employee relations: 2 years (Required)
- Human Resources: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)