Have you ever dreamed of living in the middle of the Canadian Rockies? Well stop dreaming and make that a reality!
Here at HI Jasper we can offer you that amazing and singular experience. You can stay with us for a season, and then stay the whole year because there is so much on offer, our wild surroundings will be calling to you.
The best thing about working with us is that you can enjoy so many different activities, such as hiking, rock climbing, rafting, biking in summer, and then switch to skiing, ice skating, ice climbing in winter. The full mountain experience guaranteed while working in the newest hostel in the HI Canada network (including brand-new subsidized staff housing). The little extra!? You will be able to visit all the HI hostels around (Lake Louise – Banff – Whistler – etc.) too during your weekends as you will get free stays in any HI hostels!!
What's in it for you
- Get the best value on staff accommodation: $13.56/day for a private room or $9.60 for a shared room (known as the cheapest in town!)
- Summer Bonus: From May 15 until October 15 earn $1.00 extra per hour if you complete your contract
- All units are furnished and have free WIFI
- BBQ at our staff accommodation
- Staff Bikes available
- Discounted Ski passes at the Local Hill
- Have fun with a tight-knit group of colleagues on shift and off
- Free HI Memberships
- Free stays at HI Hostels in Canada
- Use of sauna, fire pit, pool table at the hostel
- 40% off in the Sleepy Hollow Café
- Commissions on local tour sales
- A laid-back, casual work environment that is a lot less stuffy than working in a hotel.
- Tons of opportunities to experience our destination on your time off as you become a local expert: free and discounted activities.
- Being part of a not-for-profit organization that embraces sustainable tourism.
Room for growth and discovery! Many of our leaders started out on the front lines, and we promote from within.
What you will be doing as a Housekeeper
- Work as a team to maintain the interior and exterior cleanliness of the hostel.
- Clean all guestrooms efficiently and effectively to ensure they are ready for check in time.
- Ensure all common areas, washrooms, showers and hallways are cleaned to our standard.
- Follow the hostel cleaning schedule.
- Communicate regularly with the Housekeeping Supervisor and the Night Auditor to ensure rooms are cleaned as needed.
- Perform laundry duties such as collecting linens and towels, washing, folding, and putting them away.
- Shift schedules and rotations that maximize your ability to get out and explore. Need two days to get out into the wilderness? We’ll make it happen.
Join our community
If everything you read above got you excited, you'll be a great fit for our team. Whether you're on a working holiday and this will be a short stop on a longer trip, or you're looking to stay connected to the hostel lifestyle by working among travellers, this is the kind of place for you.
Our team is made up of people from all over the world who are bound by our shared desire to discover new places. You recognize that what draws you to Jasper is what draws our guests here, and you're committed to working with a team of like-minded people to share the best of Jasper and the accessibility of travel with the world.
Whether this is just a short stop on your backpacking journey, or you are looking to join a community of folks committed to travel, there is a spot for you at HI where you can belong.
Check out what it's like to live and work here: www.hihostels.ca/workinjasper
We love travelling. To us, travel isn’t just about going places, it’s also about meeting people, discovering cultures, eating new food and most of all, learning how people do things differently than we do back home.
We believe that through hostelling, we become more conscious about the world around us; and we can even make the world a better place. Our mission is to build a community of conscious travelers who share a greater understanding of people, places and cultures through our network of hostels and people.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.25 per hour
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
- When is the earliest date you could arrive in Jasper?
- How long do you plan to stay in Jasper?
Application deadline: 2022-08-27
Expected start date: 2022-08-29