TOOL CRIB ATTENDANT
The Tool Crib Attendant oversees the movement of product in and out of, and ensures safety is maintained within the Tool Crib. The Attendant will also need to ensure efficiency in the flow of inventory and paperwork as well as its accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively maintain accurate tool crib inventory by recording all inventory movements correctly, conducting physical counts, reconciling variances, and proactively participating in creating new systems to eliminate errors and increase inventory accuracy.
- Ensures full compliance with all Health and Safety policies, procedures and legal requirements. Promote a safe and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures.
- Maintain the stores facility and equipment.
- Verify items received by inspecting condition of items; comparing count/measure of items to purchase order and packing list; noting discrepancies.
- Stock product and work in conjunction with the purchaser to ensure all returns are handled in a timely manner.
- Produce regular reports and statistics in a timely manner upon request by Management
- Maintain adequate inventory levels through forecasting and analysis of inventory purchase orders
- Maintain stock of Tools, Safety Supplies and PPE while working within space constraints
- Any other assigned duties and responsibilities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have experience with strong skill with computer database programs and solid experience with MS Office
- Must have Inventory Control experience
- Must have experience in Industrial, Welding and Fabrication environments including the tools and equipment required
- Must have experience in Shipping and Receiving
- Understand customer service
- Strong drive to exceed expectations, complete tasks and influence improvements
- Strong computer skills with solid experience with MS Office
- Will be required to endure considerable walking throughout the day and will be involved with bending and lifting packages on a regular basis
- Must be able to carry 22.5 kg without assistance
- Must have a valid forklift license
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have sound judgement and strong attention to detail
- Minimum 2 years Inventory and Supply Chain experience
- Proven ability to work independently, within a team, meet deadlines and multitask
- Valid Lift Truck Operator
- Ontario Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps
- WHMIS, 1988 and 2015
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $220.00 /hour
- Shipping And Receiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tool Crib: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift Operation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Inventory Management: 1 year (Preferred)