At Aqua-Pak Industries Ltd, we are experts in designing & manufacturing innovative EPS product solutions, from packaging of perishable & valuable goods to a wide variety of construction, OEM, and horticulture solutions. We are currently looking for a Junior Accountant to join our corporate accounting team on a one year contract.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements including balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
- Analyze and reconcile Canadian and US bank statements and General Ledger accounts
- Identify and analyze operational variances
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update Accounts Payable and perform reconciliations
- Prepare and update lead sheets
- Process monthly government reporting and payment calculation (GST, PST, Corp Tax, W/H Tax, WCB)
- Set-up and maintain inventory items
- Pricing Updates and Maintenance
- Preparation of commission reporting for sales staff
- Assist the A/P and A/R functions when needed
- Help prepare working papers for year-end audits/reviews by external accountants
- Special projects, as required.
- Minimum of a 2 year accounting diploma or currently enrolled in a post-secondary accounting program
- Hands on experience working with general ledgers
- Strong understanding of basic and intermediate accounting principles
- Good mathematical and computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook)
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Close attention to detail with the ability to produce high quality work
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written, with the ability to communicate effectively
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
- General understanding of EMS (Environmental Management System) and QMS (Quality Management System) as they relate to this position.
- Experience in manufacturing would be an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Computerized Accounting Program: 2 years (Required)