The Administrative Assistant will act as a bridge between the management team in assisting in areas to organize and administrate time management. Responsibilities will be variable, ability to be versatile is a great asset. Reporting to the Site Manager for direction:
- A successful candidate needs to have at least matric and some prior work-related experience.
- Good managing and inter personal experience and excel in communication and problem-solving skills. Communication skills both verbal and written
- Familiar and proficient with Microsoft Office Programs
- Experience with QuickBooks; accounting experience
- Show ability to organise.
- Be able to work individually and in a group, supervise, delegate and report.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be able to maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Be physically fit for physically demanding farm labour and able to lift at least 50 LBS repetitively.
- Be trained in forklift operation or able to complete the training.
- Be available to work irregular and extended hours.
List of duties:
- Oversee, assemble and fill boxes and accurate labeling and barcoding
- Accurate inventory record keeping
- Keeping of shipping and receiving records, filing notices, thaw requests, picking slips and bill of ladens.
- Oversee and track flow of product from preparation to shipment
- Oversee correct loading of shipments
- Supervise and in-job-train crew
- Keep a safety file and conduct toolbox talks
- Issue shipping and receiving instructions
- Liaison with clients and shipping contractors
- Coordinate schedules for shipping and receiving
- Daily checklists of fleet and equipment
- Daily checklists of temperature in reefer and shipping and receiving reefers
- Co-ordinate some maintenance and repair functions
- Quality control
- Use of pc software to update spreadsheets and online tracking programs
- Training to cover staff orientation and induction if needed
- Posting for Accounts Payable and checking against Vendor Statements
- Training to cover bi-weekly Payroll and review of incentive program
- Assisting in filing
- Training to cover data collection and entry for Crop Inventory and Weekly Growth measures if needed
- Training to develop and maintain a relevant Crop Map if needed
- Confirming the monthly Consumables Inventory
- Confirming the Stock and equipment inventory
Please Apply in Person to 275 Lear Road - Main office open from 7:00am-3:30pm Monday-Friday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.45 /hour
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)