Do you want to work with one of Canada’s top oil and gas companies represented by an award-winning staffing agency? Look no further and join the Spirit circle today!
Our large Oil & Gas client is seeking a Payroll Clerk II in Fort Saskatchewan, AB. This is a 1-year contract position. The schedule for this position will be 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
If you are an experienced Payroll Clerk with SAP and Hourly Payroll Practices experience, then we want to hear from you! Apply now!
The Production Time Focal is responsible for all payroll entries including reporting, problem-solving and troubleshooting. Further, they serve as administrative support for the Asset Teams.
- Maintain a skill level in the CATS (Cross Application Time Sheet) SAP Program and a constant knowledge of the Hourly Payroll Practices.
- Subject matter expert for SchedulePro tool used for shift scheduling and timesheets by Production Team Members
- Timely and accurate input of exception time into HR CATS (Overtime, absences, shift changes, work up, etc.)
- Act as a resource for payroll inquiries/issues in consultation with the Shell Hourly Time Focals and HR Service Desk if required.
- Audit time entries prior to payroll deadline each pay period per HR auditing standards.
- Validate and assist in yearend quota balance reconciliations for payouts and carryovers.
- Ensure appropriate quota entitlements are showing in SAP for each hourly employee in Quarter 1 of each year.
- Responsible for ensuring CATs documentation is secured and confidential in line with current policy.
- Interfaces with Human Resources and the payroll team on overtime policy issues and the data entry and reporting processes.
- Attends monthly payroll meetings and participates as meeting chair on a rotational basis.
- Compiles various reports including but not limited to the Production monthly overtime report, quarterly absence reports, yearend sickness reports.
- Provides back up support for other Production Time Focals for time entry & timesheets/inquiries.
- Onboard new Production hourly & staff in regards to pay practices and timesheet process by giving presentations or sending out emails.
- Coach PTMs and Production Team Leads when necessary to make the process effective and to ensure consistency
- Support Production with ad-hoc projects to deliver for the business
- Administrative Responsibilities:
- Order and maintain stationery supplies for the Asset staying within budget. Obtain proper approval before ordering any special items not on standard stationary item list. Supplies may also be ordered for nearby BRMs and Maintenance workshop.
- Timely and accurate resolution of expense statement.
- Assist with booking meetings for Production staff
- Functional Site Owner for SharePoint and supporting Asset to maintain documentation
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Business Administration Certificate or Office Administration Certificate preferred
- Proficient at using office software such as MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.SAP (CATS) experience would be an asset
- Subject matter expert on employee paystubs for troubleshooting and training
- Experience with balancing competing priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff at various levels
- Handles sensitive matters with integrity and discretion
- Excellent time management in order to work within tight deadlines, data accuracy and ability to understand complex pay policy and procedures
If this position is classified as safety risk sensitive, you must also be able to pass pre-access drug & alcohol testing.
Successfully pass a criminal background check.
Possession of or eligible to obtain a passport
CLOSES MAY 20, 2019, OR SOONER IF A SUCCESSFUL IS CANDIDATE IDENTIFIED - APPLY ASAP!
**We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly**
Looking for more opportunities? Check out our website at www.spiritstaffing.org.
Don't see a posting that suits you? Apply to our "General Application" and our recruiters will get in touch when they have a job that fits you!
Follow us "Spirit Staffing & Consulting Inc" on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter for all our new postings.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- SharePoint: 1 year (Preferred)
- Business Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer (MS Office and SAP): 1 year (Preferred)
- Onboarding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Auditing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Payroll, Paystub and Timesheet: 1 year (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)