Reporting to the Regional Vice President, you are responsible for overseeing financial and accounting services within your region. You will provide expertise, establish accounting policies and procedures and ensure compliance with corporate policies.
- Working closely with business units, assisting leaders with practical financial and accounting advice and insights.
- Providing leadership to the regional accounting team.
- Liaising with the Regional Vice President and Corporate Controller to establish protocols and ensure compliance with corporate objectives.
- Monitoring on-going compliance with the terms of business loans and operating lines
- Reviewing forecasts, proposals, and agreements for land development, home building, and investment projects, including monitoring and managing cash flows.
- Act as a Regional Compliance Officer to ensure compliance with FINTRAC legislation.
As our ideal candidate, you are:
- On the ball; you are highly organized and able to prioritize and manage your time effectively.
- Detail-oriented; you have an eye for the smallest detail and you have incredible accuracy.
- A strong communicator; not only can you clearly express your thoughts in conversation, you can also write and present in a persuasive and influencing manner.
- A creative problem solver; you can think outside the box for solutions without fear of failure.
- A strong listener; you seek to understand by asking questions in a non-judgmental way.
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) designation.
- Degree in business administration, commerce, accounting or related discipline.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a Controller role within a structure of multiple enterprises.
- Familiar with the real estate development industry or a closely related field.
- Proficient in all areas of Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and various accounting software.
- Valid driver's licence and access to reliable vehicle.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Taking responsibility for the outcome of decisions and actions.
- Cooperating with team members in an open, supportive and respectful manner.
You will work primarily in an office setting during regular business hours. Travel to other Qualico offices is required. Work outside of normal business hours may be required.
Qualico is a fully integrated real estate development company with offices in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Regina, Saskatoon and Austin, Texas.
Since its inception in 1951, the company’s activities span the entire real estate spectrum and include residential land acquisition and development, single and multi-family home divisions, commercial and industrial development, property management, concrete ready mix, building supply and manufacturing divisions. To learn more, click here.
At Qualico our people make the difference. We offer competitive compensation packages including group benefits and company matching RRSP programs.
December 13, 2019