POSITION: Clinical Administration Clerk
Reporting to: Clinical Program and Site Manager – Dave Lede House
Job status: Full-time, 0.8 FTE
Canuck Place Children’s Hospice (CPCH) is British Columbia’s recognized pediatric palliative care provider. For over two decades, through the many programs and services we provide, we have made a significant difference in the lives of children with life-threatening illnesses and the families who love them. Be part of a talented and innovative team that takes pride in supporting and providing the highest quality pediatric palliative care.
HERE’S WHY IT’S SO GREAT TO WORK WITH US. Aside from being surrounded by a friendly, inclusive, dedicated team, Canuck Place offers employees up to 20 days’ vacation (pro-rated to their full-time equivalency), an 100% employer-paid benefits package, a Health Spending account that provides up to $500 annually to provide additional coverage for health and wellness activities/services, weekly onsite massage therapy, informative lunch n’ learns, as well as various learning opportunities. Later this year, Canuck Place Children’s Hospice will be introducing the Municipal Pension Plan (MPP) to staff. Canuck Place Children’s Hospice also has a ‘Care For the Caregiver’ committee who provides ongoing, creative activities to connect us with one another as a reminder that it’s ‘this’ moment that really counts.
- Personal Care Assistant/Health Care Attendant/Educational Assistant experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with children and families.
- The administrative and organization skills to support operational excellence.
The Clinical Administration Clerk - General performs a variety of clerical/administrative functions including typing, filing, answering telephones, faxing orders, etc. and assists the nursing team with basic patient care needs as required. In collaboration with the Clinical Manager, Nursing supports operational processes related to scheduling required for payroll.
- Provides administrative support to the nursing team including answering phones, typing letters, preparing presentation and/or orientation materials, filing, faxing, etc.
- Assists nursing team with supervision and care of children, as needed.
- Makes up and maintains children’s charts; records and updates data information, thins charts, scans interdisciplinary notes and enters on V-drive. Etc. Coordinates sharing of Information between Vancouver Hospice and DLH Abbotsford by uploading documents, faxing and sending and receiving charts by courier.
- Coordinates Telehealth and Video Conference needs for Care team as well as set up for education in collaboration with the Nurse Educator.
- Conducts hand hygiene audits and report according to CPCH IPAC (Infection Prevention and Control) policies.
- Monitors, orders and maintains clinical supplies.
- Prepares and faxes weekly orders for medical and pharmacy supplies and arranges to have these items picked up or delivered.
- Coordinates and maintains current processes for oxygen supplies and Medical waste.
- Maintenance of medication wardstock reconciliation and ordering of wardstock process.
- Picks up and/or takes over medications, clinical supplies, requisitions from hospital as required.
- Maintains various binders, including Preventative Maintenance, Equipment Sign-Out, etc.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance in coordination with Bio-Medical Technician (Abbotsford Regional Hospital) and other contractors.
- Supporting clinical meetings by taking minutes, and/or uploading documents to IPAD.
- Takes minutes for any cross functional DLH team meetings e.g. DLH Managers, Monthly meeting etc.
· With Clinical Nursing Manager approval of the clinical nursing schedule, submits into E-time for scheduling and supports operational processes related to scheduling required for payroll purposes.
- Works closely with the Payroll Specialists to ensure that all payroll related information for the DLH locations is sent to the Finance team for processing by the designated deadlines. E.g. forms such as time sheets, meal sign up etc. including reconciliation of the meal piggy bank.
- Pre-Admission Phone Calls; (this may be the IPAC calls for screening in the flu season).
- Assists Nursing Manager with recruitment and orientation of Personal Care Aides (PCAs)
- Sending out and receiving and summarizing Family feedback forms.
- Acts as the point person to elevate I.T. issues and provides basic I.T. support as appropriate.
- Acts as the point person to report any phone system related issues to the appropriate internal and external contacts for resolution.
- Contributes to the CPCH culture by understanding and supporting our Mission and Vision and actively demonstrating our Values.
- In accordance with the strategic directions of CPCH, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at CPCH, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
- Protects the health, wellness and safety of self and others by complying with applicable regulations and standards, safe work practices and procedures established by CPCH. Employees must report any health hazards and unsafe conditions to their supervisor for corrective action.
- Assumes other related responsibilities within the Hospice, as assigned.
Assists nursing team, occasionally as needed:
· Assists nursing team members with lifting and transferring children and safely utilizes mechanical aids, such as wheelchairs, lifts and stretchers.
- Answering call bells if nurse unavailable and redirects to nursing staff,
- Supervises children, as delegated by the nurses. Reports immediately about the child to the nurse.
- May accompany child to an activity, or other part of the hospice.
- Assists with recreation and music therapy activities.
- Follows policies, procedures and standards of excellence to ensure a safe environment for children and families, other staff, and volunteers.
- Assumes other related responsibilities, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma, supplemented with a minimum of two years related office.
· One year experience as a Personal Care Assistant/Health Care Attendant/Educational Assistant or equivalent experience.
· A medical terminology course and/or medical office experience is preferred.
· Experience in a similar environment (e.g. health care, non-profit) is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, diverse and emotionally sensitive environment.
- Calm, pleasant demeanor, particularly in the face of distractions and stressful situations.
- Strong knowledge of office practices and procedures and business correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to handle fluctuating priorities and timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to multiple enquiries and requests for information in a timely manner.
- Ability to build and sustain effective working relationships and interact with individuals at all levels, including staff, volunteers, children and families, donors and stakeholders in a professional and respectful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as a collaborative member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Well versed in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), good data entry and typing skills.
- High level of accuracy, coupled with a keen eye for detail.
A clear driving record is required. Access to a vehicle is an asset.
Note: Flexibility is necessary, as this position may require occasional weekend and evening work and travel within and outside the Lower Mainland.
Please submit your cover letter and your resume at https://canuckplace.startdate.ca/#/internal-job-list/jobs this position will remain open until filled. We recognize the importance of a diversified workforce, and we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Metis candidates, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates who have been short-listed will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- non profit experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal Care Assistant/Educational Assistant or equivalent: 1 year (Required)
- related office: 2 years (Required)