Ocean Spray believes that our employees are our best assets and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative, passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world.
Ocean Spray of Canada is hiring for the 2019 cranberry harvest. We have several Seasonal Full Time General Labour Positions available at our Richmond Receiving Station.
These seasonal positions may include working outdoors, indoors or a combination of both. All positions may require working extended hours, including weekends, in order to meet deadlines based on the needs of the business. Overtime is paid after 8 hrs. The start and end times will vary on a day to day basis. The schedules are dependent on when and how many trucks are delivered.
Starting date for these positions will be ASAP to Mid-November 2019. Individuals must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairing plywood cranberry bins
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds (lbs) frequently
- Maintaining a clean work environment
- Learn and work in a fast paced production environment
- Adhere to good manufacturing, safety and environmental practices.
- Work independently or as a part of the team to accomplish work
- Work inside or outside in various weather conditions
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Experience with carpentry and tools
- Forklift certification and experience is an asset
- Have the ability work in a team environment, follow instructions, and keep accurate records
- Prior experience in a food processing facility is an asset
- Must be willing and available to work day shifts as well as overtime
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Use of Biometrics for time reporting/clocking in and out is required
- Free Parking is available on site as the location is not transit friendly
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
What we offer:
- Salary: $16.37/hour + 4% Vacation Pay = $17.03/hour
- During Cranberry Harvest season (Sept-Nov), overtime is required based on operation needs and paid at 1.5 times ($24.56) the hourly wage after 8 hours, and 2 times ($32.74) after 12 hours in a day.
- Attendance Bonus of $1 per hour up to a maximum of $500, paid at the end of harvest season
- Fun, flexible, and energetic team
**All job offers are contingent on a successful criminal background check.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $16.37 /hour
- General Labour: 1 year (Preferred)