About Ook Enterprises
Trust, accountability, and follow-through - these are words that we put into action every day. We’re a boutique IT consulting firm, in the truest sense of the word. Our focus is on building relationships rooted in trust. We do what we say we’re going to do, and impeccable followthrough is key to our success.
Our general modus operandi is one of empowerment: if it’s the right move for the customer, the right move for Ook, and it’s simply the right thing to do, make the decision and make it happen. We like our individual independence, but we love talking shop and being able to support each other when the need arises.
We work with customers across many different verticals: manufacturing, construction, retail, medical and dental, graphics and architecture, and as such we are well versed in the many intricacies that come with that kind of variety - it keeps things exciting! We also love our tech stack at Ook, and we’re proud to be using best-in-class tools in order to automate work and leverage our time as best as possible. Autotask, Datto RMM, Jamf Pro, Okta, Slack, Zoom are but a few of the tools we use and interact with each other on a daily basis. We offer an excellent benefits package, mobile phone, and reimbursement for vehicle usage.
Simply put, we’re a passionate bunch, proud to be doing great work for our customers, and always seeking to challenge the status quo. We’ve been growing, and it’s time to bring on an individual that will help us through the next stage of our evolution.
The Intermediate IT Support role will help support our customers and senior consultants. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all customer network hardware, software, servers, workstations, wireless, etc. You will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of our customers’ IT investments.
Ook does not maintain a central office, so we work from our home offices or at our customer locations as required. We meet on a regular basis as a team for meals or to discuss the latest goings on of the business. People from Ook are currently located in Vancouver, Burnaby, PoCo, and Langley, we're quite spread out!
- Assuming you’ve got the technical chops, we’re primarily interested in a human; someone who relates to and empathizes with others genuinely, and who is naturally curious and driven to finding solutions to occasionally complex people or technical issues.
- You’re never too proud to be wrong or “above” any task.
- You’re not afraid of “getting your hands dirty” to occasionally do whatever it takes.
- You have a keen ability for quickly identifying issues, and assisting in resolving them in a timely manner, all while documenting both issue and solution in our ticketing system; we’re truly nuts about documentation.
- You possess a clear focus on customer experience, and an understanding of how your actions directly impact their experience is absolutely critical to this role.
- Although dazzling technical tricks and obscure solutions are definitely cool, a sound troubleshooting methodology coupled with a healthy sense of urgency and respect for people’s time are much more important to us in the long term.
- You’re definitely not a “platform snob” (e.g. Windows or die!), but rather focussed on the end result of efficient and reliable tech. Some of our customers use Windows, some Macs, many have a mix of the two, so you're knowledgeable and comfortable supporting either platform.
- You like getting things done, and the completion of tasks is critical to your (and our) mental health.
- This role is a work-from-home position, so you must have a quiet and dedicated space in your home suitable for individual customer support phone calls, conference calls, webinars, etc. Ook will provide you with business-grade network equipment and wireless (Meraki, Ruckus - exactly like we deploy for customers), provide an internet connectivity stipend, a top-notch laptop on the platform of your choice, and a desk phone with a high-quality headset.
- Generally available Monday to Friday from 8am-5pm for remote/on-site support as needed.
- Although specific hours are mentioned above as a guide, this role is really all about flexibility - we’re living the dream, and we want you to as well. Perhaps there’s an urgent issue that requires you on site the next morning, or even an after-hours visit to address a downed network or server. The key is prioritization and de-escalation.
- After-hours and weekend on-call support should be expected, it’s simply the nature of this business - we’ll make this work with hours in lieu of, etc. - we’re reasonable people! Most of our customers are 9-5ers and rarely ping us outside of business hours however, but if they do we’re proud/happy to be available to them for assistance.
- Primary focus on phone/remote support during morning hours (8am-12pm), or other tasks and improvement of documentation as needed when the phones are quiet.
- Regular customer office visits (even when there may not be a pressing issue) to perform any as-required tasks, or simply to learn about their people, processes, business, and IT infrastructure.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configurations, topology mapping, processes and procedures, and service records.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors and contractors to quote and/or secure products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent minimum of 3-5+ years of professional experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence and a well-serviced vehicle that can be used to visit customers offices.
- Experience in a managed services environment is strongly desired.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision but always with high attention to detail and delivering high quality of work.
- Occasional heavy lifting may be required (Servers, UPSes, network equipment, etc).
- Ability to remain calm and collected while handling simultaneous priorities.
- Impeccable followthrough: you always do what you say you’re gonna do, and you have the organization skills to make it so.
- Excellent communication skills at technical and non-technical levels.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and adept at utilizing resources and finding solutions.
- Professional appearance.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Autotask and Datto RMM considered a major asset
- Experience with Jamf Pro considered a major asset.
- Apple (ACSP) or Microsoft certification (MCITP) or similar is a BIG plus.
- Technical support experience supporting Mac/Windows Desktop systems and Microsoft Office applications, mobile devices (Android, iOS), backup platforms (e.g. Datto, StorageCraft, Veeam), enterprise-grade antivirus, Microsoft 365, G Suite, etc.
- Excellent network skills and experience with a variety of firewalls, VPN, switches, VLANs, wireless, and related services (DNS, DHCP, NAT, etc.).
- Familiar with scripting languages (PowerShell, bash, Python, etc).
- Hands-on experience working with and supporting virtual environments (VMware, Hyper-V), SaaS applications, and other hosted products and environments.
- Good knowledge of Linux and Windows Server operating systems.
- Massive bonus points if you're a scripting genius in love with PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc...
- The ideal candidate may have previously worked as an IT Support specialist - IT System Administrator - Technical Support Analyst - Network Administrator - macOS Consultant - Windows Systems Support - MSP
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- IT Services: 3 years (Required)
- Managed IT Services: 1 year (Required)