As a key member of the Wajax team the Parts & Service Clerk is responsible for providing a high level of customer service in support of the business of service and parts sales to the market, ensuring efforts are made to support repeat business by supporting front counter/order desk, warehouse and back counter and support the Service Department with administration duties.
- Builds and maintains strong customer relations including greeting customers, handling inquiries, providing price quotes and selling parts.
- Prepares and processes necessary documentation for purchases, returns, warranty coverage and other work as required.
- Responds to customers in person, via telephone, or electronically in a timely and courteous manner; delivers strong service and salesmanship on the phone order desk and front counter parts sales.
- Covers and/or assists warehouse person in shipping product to both local and out-of-town customers utilizing appropriate shipping methods.
- Supports the parts needs of the shop to meet work orders by looking up and billing parts to work orders; reviews work orders for accuracy of parts and modifies as needed.
- Picks stock for customers as required; receives and inputs stock using electronic systems.
- Produces accurate, timely and efficient documentation of all transactions within the parts team.
- Daily shipping & receiving
- Handle emergency orders
- Stock orders
- Inter branch transfers
- Service-Processing and issuing various invoices, purchase orders and warranty claims, tracking and reporting on department attendance, and assisting with payroll and bookkeeping responsibilities.
- Previous parts experience an asset.
- Functional written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer knowledge
- Proven ability to work effectively with others.
- A valid Driver’s License.
Since 1858, Wajax has been serving major Canadian industries as one of the nation’s leading mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial products and services providers. Wajax operates in the mining, oil sands, oil & gas, construction, forestry, industrial/commercial, transportation, and metal processing industries – to name a few.
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional “perks.” Highlights include:
100% employer paid medical and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility
Wajax-led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers such as Hitachi, 3M, and Detroit Diesel.
Discounts with the “Big 3” auto manufacturers, equivalent to their internal employee pricing.
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
\\ Together we get more done.