BE Totally Engaged. BE Business Savvy. BE the Right Partner. Be all that and more at Colliers Project Leaders.
As Colliers Project Leaders continues to attract exciting new programs of infrastructure work, we seek a Project Manager, Transportation with expertise leading the planning, design and construction of municipal roads and bridge projects.
The value you would bring this role is a wealth of experience leading roads and bridge projects (new, widening, and expansions) of varying scope and complexity for municipal clients. The ideal hire demonstrates a minimum of 8-10 years of experience leading the above types of projects and is a P.Eng. PMP designation is an asset.
Who We Are:
At Colliers Project Leaders (formerly MHPM Project Leaders), we lead building and infrastructure projects. Our Get it Right Solution™ ensures we get it ready, get it built and get it performing - so investors, owners and occupants are certain of success.
With over 650 employees throughout Canada and the Middle East, Colliers Project Leaders offer a multi-cultural, multi-generational work environment where we cultivate excellence, develop leaders and deliver on client vision. Colliers Project Leaders is part of Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CIGI; TSX: CIG), a global leader in commercial real estate services with more than 16,000 professionals operating from 502 offices in 67 countries.
What you'll get to do as a Project Manager:
- Provide leadership to municipal client projects, representing their best interests and achieving their strategic end goals.
- Be a trusted advisor to the client, applying your deep understanding of planning, design, construction and operation of a variety of municipal infrastructure assets (roads, bridges and facilities).
- Take ownership of the set-up, initiation, execution, monitoring and reporting of their projects
- Organize project teams towards a common goal and establish levels of authority and lines of communication.
- Report on project status by means of progress reports, meeting minutes, and other reports.
- Chair project and site meetings, identify and resolve project issues and coordinate multiple stakeholders.
- Apply your leadership and communication skills to bring together stakeholders and project teams.
- Peer review the work of, mentor and develop assistant project managers and support staff.
What you'll need to be successful in the role:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- Professional Engineer designation (P. Eng) or equivalent. PMP designation is a definite asset and will be mandatory within one year of hire.
- Minimum 10 years of consulting or public sector engineering experience delivering civil projects for local and regional municipalities and Provincial Ministries.
- Previous leadership of capital and municipal planning for linear infrastructure development
- Solid understanding of the environmental assessment processes and regulations, combined with experience liaising with regulatory officials.
- Extensive client facing experience in the delivery of related projects.
- Led and/or significantly contributed to the preparation of RFP/Q’s, tenders and tender awards.
- Practical understanding of infrastructure planning and design legislation and processes.
- The leadership skills needed to influence decisions and resolve client and project issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of scheduling (MS Project).
- Willingness and means to travel to client projects. Possession of a valid driver's license.