A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
The Distribution Fleet Supervisor will report directly to the Manager of Distribution. The incumbent will deliver on all aspects of this role which include management and administration of fleet maintenance while ensuring optimization of daily operational activities. They will also work and oversee RDO’s and their Drivers to ensure compliance with government legislation such as Occupational Health and Safety, Canada Transportation and the Highway Traffic Acts.
- Monitor and compile equipment maintenance and safety compliance data;
- Monitor and collaborate with all repair service providers, ensuring repairs are completed;
- Monitor Fleet location, tracking and tagging out unit as required for repair, annual safety & PM checks;
- Verify and Supervise expense invoicing, coding, tracking and signing off for AP processing;
- Prepare fleet maintenance reports including Period End accrual & Period End expense variance;
- Ensure operation of temperature monitoring, exterior cleaning and load bar supply;
- RDO / RDO Driver Compliance Lead, including safety, facility access, pre/post trip forms and accident follow up;
- Working with Distribution Supervisor’s to optimize routing, Rt balancing, Rt Cut off and delivery follow up as required;
- General Distribution Duty as required;
- Health and Safety (if there are direct reports;
- Develops and fosters strong and effective functional and cross-functional teams;
- Administration of Company Policies and Procedures;
- Undertake other functions as required.
- Post-Secondary education in logistics or equivalent experience;
- 2-3 years previous experience in a similar role;
- Working knowledge of MTO rules and regulations;
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and a strong team orientation;
- Proficiency and dependability in current position;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel;
- Must be available to work all shifts as required.