Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
TDSI accounting group is responsible for supporting Institutional Equity trading activities for TD Newcrest, a division of TD Securities. The group is responsible for preparing the management reports that includes trading P&L and other revenues such as fees and commissions. TDSI accounting is also responsible for filing various regulatory reports for the scrutiny of the IIROC and SEC.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical with a solid knowledge of Equity Markets. The candidate must have great aptitude for numbers.
The candidate must have solid quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills. Effective communication skills are a must in order to resolve settlement and regulatory related issues in a quick and effective manner, minimizing risk factor.
In addition, the incumbent should have a sound understanding of Accounting, as he/she will be responsible for various reconciliations on a timely manner such as G/L Trial Balance, ISM Trading Inventories and settlement control accounts.
Prepare Daily Equity Finance P&L with detailed reconciliation
Prepare daily regulatory capital requirement report for Equity Finance desk with detailed analysis of day over day fluctuations
Effectively communicate with trading desk to confirm P&L, research complex trades / transactions and provide resolution in a most efficient manner
Liaising with external / internal clients such as TD Waterhouse, TD Bank, TDSI Accounting group and credit risk to ensure all settlements are executed in a timely manner and accurate
Prepare daily funding requirements for TDSI Inventories and clients with in-depth analysis for its accuracy
Reconcile monthly P&L and Trial Balance, Complete accounting control grids, Prepare General ledger entries
Prepare monthly MFR (IIROC) Schedules with comprehensive explanations of regulatory capital requirements
EXPERIENCE AND / OR EDUCATION
Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Economics or Finance,
CFA Charter holder or working towards CFA designation would be an asset
Knowledge of IIROC Rules and Regulations is desirable
Highly motivated, Quick learner with excellent analytical skills
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Solid advanced Excel and VBA skills are required
Attention to detail is a must
Ability to work independently with a minimum supervision as well as team environment
EMPLOYEE / TEAM:
• Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Support the team by continuously enhancing knowledge / expertise in own area and participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business unit
- Keep current on emerging trends/ developments and grow knowledge of the business, related tools and techniques
- Participate in personal performance management and development activities, including cross training within own team
- Keep others informed and up-to-date about the status / progress of projects and / or all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
- Contribute to the success of the team by willingly assisting others in the completion and performance of work activities; provide training, coaching and/or guidance as appropriate.
- Contribute to a fair, positive and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce
- Act as a brand champion for your business area/function and the bank, both internally and/or externally Sound knowledge and understanding of the operating environment, business process and procedures, and transaction lifecycle for own area (e.g., processing environment, applications, software, hardware, products)
- Sound level knowledge with some form of related training and/or related experience or skills
- Ability to execute on routine requests
- Identifies key operational / reporting / process issues for own area
- Provides thorough analysis and/or specialized reporting or operational/process support
- Requires general understanding of the overall function and/or businesses supported
- Some complexity in operational / reporting / process and/or analysis function generally requiring a short term focus
- May lead small scale initiatives or work stream packages for assigned area
- Completes work within specifically defined parameters with guidance / direction from management as necessary
- Generally reports to Team Leader or Manager High School diploma
- Undergraduate degree/ college diploma preferred 3+ years relevant experience Ability to exercise sound judgment in making decisions
- Ability to analyze complex information and develop plans to address identified issues
- Ability to establish goals and objectives that support the strategic plan [People Manager roles L10 & L11]
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, strong intuitive judgment and negotiation/influencing skills, flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, along with a strong consultative approach
- Skill in collecting, organizing and analyzing complex or technical data
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative situations, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Skill in active learning by understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making
- Skill in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Skill in decision making by considering relative costs and benefits of potential actions and choosing the most appropriate option
- Ability to determine which issues to escalate versus to resolve independently, and provide suggestions for possible resolution
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events)
- Ability to evaluate documents for accuracy and legal conformance
- Ability to anticipate and diffuse problems before they occur
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Category - Primary
Finance / Accounting
Finance / Accounting
43 Champlain Street (477 Paul St.)