ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service. When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals. Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. We are guided by our firm’s Core Values - The Power of Teamwork, Always Striving to be Better, We all Bring Something Different - in all that we do. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support services teams work together, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Responsible for all planning, delivering and coordinating guest and facilities services within the office. This position coordinates with multiple service areas to ensure standards are implemented and maintained for both day-to-day activities and firm related events. Responsible for the planning and use of boardrooms, meeting rooms, reception and kitchen areas. This position receives some direction but most planning and activities are done independently.
- Coordinates day-to-day events/activities as they relate to meeting rooms and boardrooms. Includes confirming bookings and calendar management.
- Directs appropriate set up of conference and meeting room facilities based on client and internal needs. Works closely with internal parties to address service requests and follows up with outside providers when needed.
- Communicate effectively with clients/guests and with all parties across the firm keeping all informed to increase event experience
- Works with Marketing, Reception, IT, Staff members and other offices for purposes of coordinating specific work tasks.
- Assists IT with boardroom set ups including arranging for required equipment and video and teleconference equipment including setup, testing, operational assistance and routine maintenance of all audio visual and conference equipment, thus ensuring operational standards are met.
- Ensures that building/Facilities and equipment are maintained and operated subject to safety and Health requirements.
- Acts as a point of contact with all external vendors, service providers and internal clients.
- Ensures appropriate coverage during vacation, maternity and other types of leaves/absences of staff.
- Assists in monitoring and responding to issues that relate to office services or premises, including lighting, airflow, furniture, equipment and coordinates the purchase of office supplies, furnishings, etc.
- Assists with office moves and provides general maintenance duties as required.
- Assists in the inventory of firm supplies and equipment.
- Responds to requests for assistance from reception and any other area within Office Services and/or Facilities.
- May be required to coordinate and facilitate the logistics of various office specific marketing events.
- Works with outside vendors, suppliers and contractors, managing relationships and ensuring standards are met on quality and service delivery.
- Liaise with other departments across the firm to coordinate work tasks to ensure operational standards are met.
- Assists the Document Management Services.
- Any other general duties as required, including cleaning and setting up offices.
Requirement to sit on the following committees:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- College Diploma or higher education
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional presentation
- Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines.
- Ability to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and set movable walls.
- Ability to handle stress in business-like manner.
- Energetic and outgoing, with a positive attitude, driven to provide excellence in service.
- Capacity to work independently in a team environment.
- Availability to work flexible hours.
- Bilingualism (French/English).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Gowling WLG is proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.