Job Number: 80032
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: David Braley Research Bldg
Status: Temporary Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 27.3500 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 35.0700
Post Date: Jan 16, 2020, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Jan 23, 2020, 4:59:00 AM
The Population Health Research Institute (PHRI), a joint institute of Hamilton Health Sciences and McMaster University, with over 300 employees working directly with 49 researchers. PHRI conducts clinical research internationally in 101 countries and is a world leader in large, global health and population and health outcomes research. Our capacity to conduct multiple international studies concurrently, with tens of thousands of participants in each, is a capability very few organizations in the world can match.
1. Design, creation/setup, testing/validation and modification of case report forms based on protocol requirements with the purpose of facilitating statistical analysis and data quality processes.
2. Create and test data reports, databases, edit checks, case report forms (CRFs), and related programs, technology, and support tools for efficient collection, analysis, and reporting
3. Troubleshooting and problem-solving issues with study systems, reports, data queries
4. Support Research Coordinator/Program Manager to oversee the management and reporting of data
5. Coordinate logistics, review requirements, and confirm accuracy for the shipping and collection of materials and supplies for the main study as well as for sub-studies
6. Request and review reports from the Statistics and/or ICT Department(s) to maintain data integrity of the study
7. Develop study support tools, reports, and trackers (i.e. manuals, instructional documents)
8. Maintain and manage access to study database and systems for all study personnel
9. Maintain ongoing communication with sites regarding all study related materials and issues to ensure all materials are up to date.
10. Compile and review documentation required for Good Clinical Practice and/or as required from the study sponsor
11. Train and direct research assistants/data management assistants
12. Perform activities related to major protocol deviations and data transfers
13. Provide training to PHRI and external study staff
14. Review IP-related information provided on study CRFs. Apply and resolve queries.
15. Provide user access to IP management systems (IVRS/IWRS)
16. Other duties as assigned.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday - 37.5 hours/week.
This is a temporary position until January 2021.
1. Bachelor Degree or higher in health related field or previous clinical trial experience in a similar capacity
2. Ability to work independently, excellent communication (both oral and written) and problem solving skills, and ability to work flexible hours .
3. Proficiency in MS Access, Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
4. Previous experience in cardiovascular clinical trials an asset.
5. Experience with Framemaker and DataFax or similar data management software an asset.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement