Job Description :
Business Deveopment Officer - Administrative Assistant 3 (AESES)
New Budget-Funded Project Full-Time
35.00 hours/week 8:30 - 4:30 Monday thru Friday
$29.42 - $38.45 per hour ($53,544.40 - $69,979.00 per annum)
Proposed Start Date:
July 3, 2018
Proposed End Date:
December 20, 2019
840.00 work hours
For more information, please contact:
166 Extended Education Complex
204-474-8126 or email@example.com
Qualifications :MINIMUM FORMAL EDUCATION/TRAINING:
- Seek out opportunities and support overall business development activities for Extended Education as needed to achieve revenue targets, expand client base and further develop relationships both new and existing.
- Devise and implement creative and strategic sales/business development plan.
- Identify and reach out to key businesses within select industries and geographic markets.
- Pro-actively conduct new business development activities and generate leads through past participants, alumni and other new and existing sources as appropriate.
- Make personal contact via e-mail, social media, phone calls, and in-person company visits to target companies and individuals.
- Maintain current information on leads and contacts.
- Understand industry trends and competitive offerings and use this knowledge to inform and develop strategies for new and revised programs.
- Seek out opportunities for other educational institutions who may offer Extended Education developed courses and programs where appropriate and applicable.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with key contacts from prospects and/or third party advisors, delivering proposals and presentations to achieve increased enrolment in targeted programs and courses offered by Extended Education.
- Identify, establish and develop key executive and upper management relationships.
- Identify and cultivate long-term business relationships with current and prospective organizations, sectors and industry associations to increase the provision of educational programming in direct response to specific training and professional development needs.
- Maintain contact with other educational institutions offer Extended Education courses, where applicable.
- Identify and research target companies and industries.
- Working with the Market analyst provide and seek ongoing feedback and benchmarking on current trends, analysis and market intelligence using market research/analysis and competitive research/analysis
- Identify research, analyse and communicate competitive sales strategies.
- Prepare, develop and manage proposals and follow up on post proposal activities.
- Attend networking events, webinars, and trade shows.
- University degree required with a major in marketing, business administration or a related field or equivalent.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three years of consultative sales/business development experience in an educational institution is required.
- Knowledge and experience with various sales and marketing techniques and tools required.
- Proven track record of developing business and closing sales with diverse clients is required.
- Knowledge and experience in developing strategic plans related to business development is required.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Additional Information :
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and time management is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to be responsive in a fast-paced changing environment while meeting tight timelines and deadlines is required.
- Must display a professional demeanor.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills essential.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment is required.
- Good business/proposal writing skills and computer proficiency skills is required.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
- Evenings and weekends may be required.
- This is a project position expected to last 17 months.