Do you have a passion for a cleaner and more sustainable society? Do you want to help build the hydrogen fueling infrastructure needed for the transportation systems of the future? Are you ready to work hard and be part of a dynamic, high paced and world leading team? If so, we want to hear from you.
HTEC is a leading provider of hydrogen fuel supply solutions that is working to enable the proliferation of zero emission hydrogen fuel cell powered vehicles. We are based in North Vancouver BC and have a strong commitment to working hard, helping our clients, safety, and reducing society’s impact on the environment.
We are looking for a technician or technologist to help build, operate, and service hydrogen fuel supply equipment and systems. The role is expected to be 50 % field work, 30 % building in HTEC’s shop and 20 % in HTEC office for reporting and operation improvement initiatives.
- Perform maintenance and service of hydrogen stations
- Perform fueling of hydrogen stations
- Assemble and service hydrogen equipment
- Install hydrogen equipment
- Contribute to the design process of new equipment
- Successful completion of a relevant technical diploma
- 2+ years’ experience as technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with installation or field service of mechanical system, piping, plumbing, electrical system, instrumentation and controls equipment
- Knowledge in understanding Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), mechanical drawings and electrical systems
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems
- Knowledge of safe work practice (PPE, working with flammable gas, rated zones, construction zones)
- Willing to Learn
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and able to contribute to team effort when required
- Willing to be on-call during some pre-determined periods
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Words, Excel, Outlook)
- Able to document summaries, work orders, and detailed reports clearly
- Excellent English written and communications skills
- Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s license and safe driving record
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Experience working with High pressure gas systems ( > 500 bar), Cryogenic and refrigeration equipment, Piping and pressure vessels, Flammable gas or Compressors
- Experience working with hydrogen, nitrogen and/or liquid nitrogen
- Gas Fitter Class B certificate
- Forklift certification.
- Experience with 3D Modeling tools (e.g. SolidWorks).
- Experience with Hazard and Operability (HAZOP)
HTEC offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a creative, cohesive work environment and continuous opportunity for development. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume, and a cover letter including a description of projects and accomplishments relevant to the position. HTEC is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- technician: 2 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Metro Vancouver Regional District, BC (Required)