Assistant Bar Manager Required
Widely known as Vancouver's low-lit, utilitarian bar in the Downtown Eastside we are currently looking for a Assistant Bar Manager to join the team. You would be joining a fun and hardworking team to help the General Manager in all duties related to running of the bar.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with a solid bar and restaurant background to escalate their skills to a managerial role.
- Manage and execute all aspects of the front of house and bar, including recruitment and selection, training, performance management, recognition and development
- Responsible for the smooth running of the day to day operation
- Bar management including but not limited to bar training, inventory control (ordering), cost control, labor, security, and cleanliness
- Provide and uphold great service to guests - respond to guest concerns, complaints, and overall feedback
- Foster a positive and fun environment
- Prepare schedules and ensure that the bar is properly staffed for all shifts
- Ensure operational and occupational health and safety standards are in place and adhered to each and every shift
- Assumes role and responsibilities of the General Manager in their absence
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of progressive supervisory and/or management experience in a fast paced restaurant or bar
- Knowledge of cocktails, beers & wine
- Leadership skills – able to direct, coach, and supervise a team
- “Serving It Right” Certificate, Certified in Food Handling and Food Safe 1
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- A positive and team-oriented attitude
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work flexible hours during, evening, weekends and holidays
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
This position offers a competitive salary alongside bonuses, medical and dental, and the opportunity to work as part of a large and growing group.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bartending: 3 years (Preferred)
- Assistant Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Legally authorized to work in Canada (Preferred)